Chapter 34-Sandpaper and Rose

Adam's POV

Yeah, I knew it was absurd.
Irrational.
The pinch in my heart,I can't deny the feeling of it.It has never happened before.
What was this feeling?
Did I love her?
Wasn't it too soon? I had just known her for a month.
Nah!
If this isn't the case,then why does it feels so bad,why does this knot formed in my heart hurts?
I admit I was attracted to her,she was something I wanted very badly.

I wanted to own her.
I felt she belonged to me.But...

I loved her?
Did I ?
Did I?
How's that even possible?

Not just anger but something strange,something hot was flowing inside my whole body when I saw her with Ervin.
A sharp feeling penetrated my heart,then I came back,back to my penthouse.I didn't go after them neither I pounced on Ervin.After what I saw yesterday,I  felt like doing nothing and I haven't even done much  other than anticipating her arrival.
Why?

So if this wasn't love,then what was it?
Fuck...
I tortured her a lot, I admit that. She hates me, doesn't she?
Are they together?
But she said she had a boyfriend.

Okay ,this had to stop.
Fuck this shit!

I don't care whoever her fucking boyfriend is. She was just a maid.
Let her quit, who the fuck cares?
If she hates me then let her hate me.Let her ignore me,let her have her distance.
Better to let her go completely out of my life.
I don't care about her anymore,this drama has to end.

I have loads of options,I can pick whoever I want to.

Did she really hate me?

Man...FUCK MY LIFE!

BUZZ!!!
The vibration snapped me out of my daze.

My phone was vibrating like crazy, I hadn't received any of my calls. I had  completely ignored the seminars I had to attend today. My right eye still had the bluish hue. I didn't  even let Callum inside my penthouse this morning. You can say I pretty much locked myself inside the house.

The way I was right now,it felt so childish.
Adam Hughes Moore,is this really me?

I reached for my phone to decline the call to see...Paisley's name flashing on my screen?

What does this bitch want now?
I ignored the call and concentrated on the beer bottle I was holding.

Few seconds later,my phone pinged.

Paisley: I have something to tell you.

As if I gave a flying fuck.I snorted.

I got up from my bed and started my way to the bathroom.

I stepped into the shower, shoulder flinching when the cool water hit my skin.My mind was in shreds; I was attracted to her, however this can't turn into unrequited love,it had to be stopped. I can't be so desperate over a girl. The water drizzled on its rate, darkening my mahogany hair and trickling down my back. I closed my eyes over and over, each time showing me the image of her smile,our first kiss,her teary eyes,her sleepy face...That picture,Ervin and her hug...

Instantly my eyes opened. This is the last time I'm thinking about her...For sure.

Opening the blinds, I realized  it was already dusk. I  had nearly spent a day inside my room; thinking about her. I came to the conclusion that I won't be following her anymore. If she wants to come back,she can. If she wants to resign,she can. I owe her an apology,and I will do that if she is willing to see me.

Nothing more than that.I won't be pursuing her anymore.
I will still continue to be the asshole I was.

After spending a heck of a time in the shower,I hopped into my casual black jeans and white tee."Grab a chick and get over with it" was my motto today.  Club was where I was heading to.
Just as I was about to grab a blazer from the closet, I saw the mess I made near the study table.Everything was a litter, the broken China pieces, MacBook, some papers. I didn't care to pick them up until I saw a hair tie.
Of course it belonged to her.
I bent down to pick it up and I found the cheques that were to be deposited in her account. Salary was salary,I had to pay her no matter how big the tension between us was.

I grabbed my phone from the bed table to ask Callum to deposit the money...
3 unread messages...

Paisley: Can we meet?

Paisley: Let's meet.Please.

Paisley: It's about Evelyn.

Seeing the last text,my fingers instantly  went to tap the call button.

No!!! I stopped midway.

I could care less.

Sand paper.
It felt as if I was kissing a sand paper.The chapstick or lipstick, whatever she had smeared on her lips ruined my mood. Pushing her, I wiped the sticky residue I had on my lips.
"What happened sweety?" She pouted her lips. Narrowing my eyes,I clucked my tongue,shook my head and went to the other direction.
"Wait,HEY WAIT."
The crowd was just too bulky and she was too short to match the long strides my feet took.

Then, I grabbed the other lady who was ogling me the whole time I was making out with the sandpaper.
Nope, not working.

Other one.

No.

Frustrated,I went to the bar and kept myself busy with the booze, eyeing those dancing on the dance floor.Why wasn't it working?
Did my libido decrease?
I did became a saint for a month.

Then,

In the crowd I spotted someone familiar.
What the---

I blinked my eyes several times.
Agnes?
Yes,she definitely looked like my sister.Squeezing my way through the sweaty bodies, I went up to the spot where she was moving her body to the beats.
I grabbed her arm,"Agnes."

She turned around with a agitated look,in a second it got replaced with a look of disbelief and again it turned into a blank one.
"Agnes who?" She said, faking a laugh.
I narrowed my eyes,"Agnes,what are---"
"Sorry,wrong person,me don't know you." She backed out a little.

"Stop this fake accent.I ain't dumb, sister." I folded my arms.

"Wrong person.Sorry,no English . No English." She kept moving backwards until she disappeared in the crowd.

She was coming next week,right?
Did I get the wrong person? No, it was definitely her.

I made my way to the crowd she disappeared earlier where I spotted the Navy blue color of her dress. She was moving her legs faster,heading to a certain direction. "Agnes,don't you run ." I called out as I followed her away from the crowd.
Finally I managed get hold of her arm.
"Agnes." I huffed.

"Excuse me?"She turned around.
And she wasn't Agnes.

"Oh,I'm sorry. I took you for someone else." I immediately removed my hand from her.

"I can be Agnes for you." She grabbed my hand back in a swift and slided it around her waist.

"Yeah, sure you can definitely be my sister." I whispered onto her ear.

Eyeing me scornfully,she detached herself from me and left banging her heels.
I chuckled and turned around to leave.

Uhh!!
My chest collided with something, someone actually.
Rose and lillac.
A smell I was too familiar with...
The person looked up to me and smiled.
HOLY!!!

"Baby."She said.

"Sunshine." My mouth automatically uttered.
And then she fell into my arms.

Grinning.

_______________________________
This chapter might have lots of errors. Since I wrote it in a haste. Sorry guys I'm really busy these days.I'll try to update soon.
Keep reading.
Don't forget to vote and comment.