Chapter 48-Busy

Evelyn's POV

"One,two,three...Twist."

"Keep going."

"Great,now please flip the towel over your back and grab the bottom with affected hand and the top of the towel with the unaffected one."The physiotherapist announced.

I knew what to do next and did accordingly from what I've learned in a week. My cast came off a week ago. I thought my hand would be okay after removing the cast but that didn't happen. I needed therapy to bring my hands movement back to normal.

"Last one.You know what to do." He smiled.

I grabbed the stress ball and started squeezing it vigorously.I had completely recovered and was able to do daily chores with ease.Even the scar on my forehead was fading.However,Adam didn't let me go back to work on Shar's cafe and altogether forbid me to do any kinds of work in his penthouse as well. He wanted me to rest all day because apparently the work would be too hectic. I personally disliked the idea because I would be leeching off him.I had decided to take over the cooking and cleaning job again. This time without any salary. But he firmly denied stating it would be an exploitation. Reluctantly,I did tell him about my visa explaining that I was illegally working previously. He didn't negotiate since he already knew that and Ervin was the one who told him.

Such an obstinate fellow he was.

"Okay. The session has finally ended." The physiotherapist beamed from ear to ear.

"Don't forget to exercise every morning earnestly."

I nodded with a smile.

"I'll take my leave now. Do inform me if you feel any sort of pain again." He kept his wide grin intact and left.

In these two weeks, Adam enthusiastically took care of me. He stood by my side 24/7 making sure I wasn't unhappy or discontented. Those two weeks ended in a flash with loads of kisses and snuggles.

He skipped his work for the sake of taking care of me.
Yesterday,I had to literally force him to go to work. He kept denying saying that he wanted to stay  with me. At the end,he did go unwillingly when Callum told him about some sort of VIP client waiting for him.He hadn't returned till now. I had rung him up couple of times but it went to voicemail. This morning Callum called me to inform that Adam won't be coming back today as well. He has to be engaged in a meeting today and will be sleeping in the office.
Crestfallen I was.
I hadn't seen him for a day and I was already missing him.The days were agitatingly boring in Adam's absence.

Contrasting his words, I decided I would go to Lana's. I wanted some sort of refreshment to overcome this loneliness of Adam's absence. Sharon had mentioned earlier this morning that Michelle had returned back and I no longer had to share the burdens of being the chef.She had helped me so much that I couldn't agree on not working on her cafe. I persisted that I would still work in Lana's when I have free time.She agreed.
I hadn't even worked on her place for the defined span of time which was a month.With so much going on in my life, I barely worked there for a week or two.

Grabbing the toast made by the chef, I exited the penthouse,hailed the cab to head to Lana's.

Talking about the chef,he wasn't the one whom I assumed wrote on the post-it note.
Adam told me that the pale looking chef never showed up after that. I really wanted to see him but a new chef arrived next day.Adam asked Callum if he had told him about my name to which he admitted and said the chef wanted to know about the employer's every interest so that he could make fine cuisine for us. Callum hadn't said much except for our name and that the chef had to make healthy meals for a sick patient. With suspicion hitting us,Adam asked Callum to  find his whereabouts however he was nowhere to be found. It was really strange incident.