Chapter 19-My boyfriend?

Evelyn's POV

"CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?" Sharon shrieked through the phone. It nearly pierced my ear drums and made me deaf.

"Yes." I said in a dry tone. No, it wasn't that I wasn't interested in listening to her. I was. But,hey isn't it obvious that people get irritated if they kept hearing the same thing for like umpteenth time? I was interested at first when she told me that Ervin asked her for a date tommorow. But she was Sharon after all,who never got bored repeating the so called talk about Ervin.

"What should I wear tommorow? C'mon Eve say something. Why don't you come to my place and help me get ready?" She jabbered. I gave a look to the digital watch placed beside the nightstand. It was almost midnight.
Adam hasn't arrived yet.
Should I hate myself for admitting that I was waiting for him? The dinner was still on the pot. I had a cell phone I could have called him. Instead, I called Sharon.
Why? Because I had made up my mind that I would avoid him at any cost. You're a maid at his house Eve. How can you avoid him?
True that.
At least I could try.

"Are you listening?" Sharon said from other side of the line. I zoned off again.
"Uh-uh yeah yeah." I sputtered.

"Is everything okay? You sound so low. Am I blabbering too much?" Even if we were on the phone, I could see Sharon furrowing her brows and a frown marring on her face.

"Yeah, it's fine. I'm getting sleepy." I lied to her. There was a zero hint of sleepiness in my eyes.
NADA
And I had no intention of sleeping.
How could I tell her that I need to avoid Adam? If I said that, the story of Nathan will automatically unfold and I didn't want that. I felt guilty for not opening up to her.

I was a bad best friend indeed. A worst one.

"Right, it's almost midnight.I totally forgot." She said sheepishly.

"Shar,I'll be sleeping okay? I'm sorry I couldn't listen to you today.Make sure you ring me up after your date." I said,pretending to yawn.

"Sure. I've got so much to fill you up with. Love you bitch. Bye."

"Love you back, bye."

She hung up.

I stared at the ceiling,my thoughts again drifted to Adam.

Where is he?
He was never this late,even if he was,he made sure to leave me a message. I was getting more and more anxious.
Should I call him?
No,you can't show your desperation,Eve.
He was probably attending his booty calls. Yeah for sure.
The thought of Adam getting physical with others girls clenched my heart. He isn't even yours. Why are you being jealous?

Arghhhh...
I buried my face inside the pillow.
Why was it so hard to move on? Why couldn't I get close with him even if I wanted to?
Why was I building a wall around me again? What was the point of all of this?

My brain was all messed up. As if someone shook it so hard that I couldn't even differentiate what was wrong and what was right. I was such a mess. I sighed.

It would have been better if I just kept being locked in Dave's mansion. At least, I wouldn't have met Adam who had a potential to make me go bat-shit crazy.