Chapter 29-Not CEO's Maid

Evelyn's POV

"Uh-Girlfriend?"

What?
How?

"Oh my my, how long has it been?"Claire attacked me with a heart squeezing hug,ignoring the question I presented earlier. I just stood there awkwardly,my hands limply falling on the sides.

"Er...A month I guess."

"More like a month and a half." Juliana said over Claire's shoulder.

"How are you sweetheart?" Juliana came forward for a hug too.

"I'm good Ma'am. How are you?" I hugged her back.

"God,you look beautiful." She smiled eyeing my outfit.She invited me inside,the memories came back once I stepped on the linoleum floor,soaking the perfection of the mansion.

It felt like ages had passed since I first came here following Claire.

"Less than you,Ma'am." I presented my genuine opinion to which she just waved it off in denial and asked me to drop the honorifics and go on the name basis like she did before.

I was now seated on one of the couch or let's say the royal looking sofa of the grand living room with Juliana on the opposite side and Claire standing beside her.
I could see other maids running their respective errands,presenting a nod every time they passed by the living room.

How was I going to say this to her?
She, including Claire were such a sweethearts.

"I'm so glad that you came to meet me." She beamed meanwhile Claire was giving me the affirming nod.

Oh god it's gonna be hard.

"Come on, join us for breakfast. You could've phoned me before,I would've made something of your preference. Well not me but, oh you know what I mean." She stood up, motioning me to follow her to the dining room.

"That's so sweet of you Juliana but I'm gonna have to skip on that. I'm already full." I said patting my tummy,which was clearly a lie. I had a grumbling empty stomach which was on its silent mode now.
Thanks to the burrito.But I was still hungry.
I just wanted to deal everything as fast as I could and get the hell out of here.

"What about coffee?

"It's fine,Juliana." I denied.

"Oh, RIGHT! What about tea? We do have varieties of flavour I think.Well,I do know the obsession you people have with tea. I mean British people." She asked me questionably.

I could've rolled my eyes to that stereotype, but a chuckle came off. Juliana was really like a cute little girl. "Just a stereotype, a glass of water will be fine."I waved.

Immediately a maid came holding a tray with the glass of the water.

Ooo,okay.

I gulped down the water in a shot. I needed this,I needed something like a support in unraveling the tangles that had formed inside my throat and spill it to Juliana.

Before I could start.

"So, how's my Adam doing?" She winked.
Wait...

"Uh- Juliana--"

"He isn't giving you hard time,is he? Well that guy is difficult to deal with.
Such a pig headed boy.
Though, he acts as a arrogant moron and all but inside he's a softie."

"I--"
"And don't even get me started about his blind snake,always getting us in trouble.It's okay to fool around,well the children of this era won't even listen to us. But that brat is on whole new level. I can't even count the number of the ladies who approached the gate of this mansion bawling their eyes out."She paused.
"No, he couldn't have done that to you?" She gasped.