Chapter 35-Bye or may be not?

Evelyn's POV

I felt the sunbeams slowly spreading on my face. I squeezed my eyes due to the sudden light and shifted my head to the other side ,relishing the feel of satin sheets underneath me.
'It's about time to make his breakfast.' I thought to myself in sleep.
Wait!
I no longer work for him.
Blinking rapidly,I took in the surrounding I was in.
My eyes flung wide open as I saw myself in my room in his penthouse.

BOLLOCKS!

How on earth--
Adam and I ,we...
Was everything a dream?
I clearly remember our dispute,me leaving his house--
Oh god! Time rewinded.

I shot up from the bed to be welcomed by the wooziness.
Yesterday,I wasn't here- I was- I was- I was

In the club. Right club.How come I ended up here then? I tapped my forehead with my finger,trying to remember everything in high definition.
Red dress,shots, dance,a dork, a cute guy, my head- BUGGER ME!
Lord! Lord!
I need a pit,no I need a shovel.
Hide- I need to hide.
I recalled begging him to take me back to his place after I had fell into his arms and had a momentary vision blur.
Rat arsed I was.
What have I done?
What happened after I came here though?
Did he? Did we?
I gave a look to myself,sighing in relief when I had the same red dress I wore yesterday.
I wrecked my brain further to remember if I had created any other embarrassing events,but nothing came out of it.
Sharon,oh she might still be searching for me.
I have to go back before he wakes up. I lacked the courage to face him.Furthermore, I don't think he wants to see me as well.

The thought saddened me.

Realising I had no phone with me, I glanced at the table clock.It was just 7 am in the morning.
No way he could wake up this early,I knew he was a heavy sleeper.
Right, that's my cue, I'm gonna have to tip toe my way in the hall and then bolt after that.
I springed out of the bed feeling as woozy as I was before.
I felt like puking my gut out,but I had to concentrate on my escape.
Don't panic.

Carefully I opened the door, maintaining the pin drop silence and closed it as well. For a moment I stood still eyeing the door of his room,my finger automatically trying to reach the latch.
No.
I shook my head and suppressed the urge to go for the latch.

After crossing the hallway safely with the Pink panther theme buzzing inside my head,I peeked from the wall which separated the living room.Empty.

Few more paces and I will be out of this place.
However something stopped me
My belongings, Nathan's picture...I should take it back.

What if he wakes up?
I couldn't think of taking the risk.

So, I continued the tiptoeing thing.I can ask Sharon for that.

The only place separating me from the exit was the kitchen and the storage room. Victory gleamed in my eyes.

Alas!

It was short lived.

I spotted him in the kitchen,his mahogany hair spiking in all directions,his shirtless back facing me. A sense of deja vu slammed my head.I remembered the first day when I didn't cook him the dinner.

Nausea was rising up to my pharynx.
I gulped.
What should I do? If he turns back he's gonna see me.
With so much going inside my head, my leg refused moving at all,a warm putrid feeling was growing inside my throat. Don't turn back.
Don't turn back
Don't.
As if he could hear what my internals were screaming,he urgently flipped his head.
He eyed me with a look I can't describe and all I could do was mirror his expressions.