Chapter 39-Who am I?

Evelyn's POV

The following morning I went to meet my brother at the park under the pretense of jogging.
"Stalker?"Ervin asked wiping the forehead sweat.Both of us were slightly panting since we had ran around the park couple times.

"I don't know about stalking but...I do know who could do that." I said as I got myself seated in one of the park benches.

"Who is it?" He asked sitting beside me while his expression turned more and more severe.

Last night I was terrified as my skin crawled,my heart was thumping as loud as it could in fear and a scream made its way out of my mouth.
Few moments later,Sharon came bursting into my room,consoled me,even went to the porch to check if there was anyone behind the bush.
There wasn't.
I didn't show her the text since I hadn't thought much about it either.
However when I thought to myself during sleep in Sharon's room, I was successful in connecting the dots with the incident of the SUV following me earlier that day.
I wasn't so sure but I had a gut feeling that it was Paisley.
She must have done this to get back to me.
I had no clue how she got my number and Sharon's address.
She was a threat to my existence and I wonder if she will ever understand me.

"Someone I know." I muttered under my breath.

"Adam? Sharon? Agnes?"

"No."

"Then,you mean someone from England is following you and dancing around your window?"He scoffed.

I scowled at him and snatched the water bottle from him.

"C'mon V. You must tell me who that is." He persisted.

"I don't want you getting involved with me." I sighed.

"Who should I get involved with then? The President?" He arched one of his brows."You're my sister,V."

I rolled my eyes and exhaled a sharp breath.

"Remember I told you about a guy who got into an accident because of me." I had told him about Nathan after he had insisted to know about the whole resignation ordeal.
The same story excluding Dave's deed was what I told him. He said he would reconcile with Adam after that.
He hasn't I guess.

He nodded his head and pressed me to reveal further.

"Well,his sister is here."

"You mean she is taking revenge?"

"I-I guess so." I shrugged.

"No way,V.It wasn't your fault at all.Why would someone do that?"
A frown marred my face."She wants to scare me?"

"Are you sure?"

"I guess I am."

He kept his silence intact for few minutes.Perhaps,he was calculating everything I said.
I wanted to reveal everything to him but the promise I made to Nicole stopped me everytime.I couldn't even open up to my own kin,my own brother.Why was my life so difficult?
So many lies,so many secrets were inside me.
I hated this feeling.

"That's it." He exclaimed as he stood up instantly.

"What?" I looked up to him.

"You're moving to my apartment."

"Ervin,I can't.You know Shar--" I tried standing up but his hand grabbed my shoulder and pressed me to the bench.

"I oppose with what you just said.But it's for your safety as well.You'll be much safe at my apartment.I will be sending Larry as your bodyguard as well."