Chapter 40-Maid for him

Evelyn's POV

Before I could enter inside the grand mansion,I was already welcomed with the bursting of the fire crackers.They burst through the dark sky,like a glittery flower that bloomed amongst the stars.Each one drew a different sparkling pattern in the sky.
"Beautiful." I muttered under my breath.

"This is what being star-struck means."Sharon,who was dressed elegantly in the strapless red dress, said as she gaped at the fireworks above us.

We both chuckled at the same time making our way inside.

Chandeliers hung on the high dome shaped ceilings casted an exquisite light on the people who seemed to be chatting their way,each one holding an expensive liquor. The men were dressed in slick tailored suits and the women...Well,It looked as if they were here for the fashion competition.Not to mention,their jewelries sparkled in every corner.

I felt self conscious eyeing those ladies,wondering how I looked.Sharon had given her all in decorating me. I must have looked good.
The beige coloured strapless,mermaid dress hugged my torso and hips tightly,the fishtails flared into the floor as I walked. It had never looked good on anyone but you-that's what she said.
To ignore the conversion regarding Adam,I had picked this dress in a rush yesterday and I was grateful that it didn't turn out to be slutty.

Waiters were strolling around,carrying bulky trays with drinks.Some were setting food, towels, breath mints to serve. One of the waiter came forward with a drink. I cordially denied him and made my way towards the mini stage where I found a band playing a beautiful music that seemed to soothe my brain.
"You look like a white Betta fish." Ervin loudly said into my ear which snapped me out of my reverie.

"What?" I responded with irritation.

"You heard it." He said sipping the liquor he was holding.

"Was that a compliment?" I lifted a brow towards him. Not to mention,he looked extremely fine today.

"Well...You can take it as compliment."He flippantly answered.
I rolled my eyes.

"How's the packing going?" He asked in a serious tone after a moment.

"What packing?" I innocently answered,pretending to not understand.

"You know what packing." This time it was his turn to roll his eyes.

"Still two days left." I stated.

"One, twin sister."

"You said I had three days." I debated,folding my arms.

"Day one started the day I said you had three days."

"You're not being fair." I whined.

"It's your fault for not getting it right." He said,tapping his fingers on my temples.

"Get lost,Vin." I annoyingly replied.

"Where is Sharon?" He further questioned,ignoring my agitation.My mood quickly lightened and I gave him the most obvious sheepish smile."Why are you looking for her?"

"I'm going." He scowled at me and left.
Talking about Sharon,she had vanished the moment we came inside.
She must be with Agnes.
Oh right! I've to meet her too. It's her party after all.

My eyes roam around the huge mansion in search of Agnes, however I found them being pulled into a heavenly looking green eyes.His eyes were transfixed into mine,not moving not blinking at all.There,at the top of the winding stairs,there he was leaning against the railing,his hands tucked inside his pants pockets.The black tuxedo on him looked so good.
Impeccable...was the only word I could utter.
Was he staring at me the whole time ?
I slightly blushed with that thought.