Chapter 60-Hydrangeas

Evelyn's POV

I couldn't differentiate whether the haziness engulfing my brain was intensifying or it was mitigating since he couldn't shove the chloroform filled rag in my face fully. Within a flash of moment,Nathan was dragged away, beaten into a pulp. Punches,blow,kicks were being launched toward him. Bleeding wounds were forming in his scarred face as his screams were enhancing.

Not to lie, I honestly had the jitters,thinking this might be the end of me few moments ago. However,there was still a slight belief in me somewhere that Adam would surely find me.
He did.

"You're dead motherf*ck...I'll kill you."
My eyes were too blurry but I could make out the rage Adam was drenched in. His eyes looked red, churning with acrimony. He strike Nathan's face with heavy punches,each one carrying enough hatred and animosity. The revulsion toward Nathan had no doubt deepened to an extent,but I could feel the pity growing in me. I knew exactly how pity was different than love now. Nathan had tactfully used my pity,vulnerability against me.Good part was it somehow helped me to distinguish things clearly now.

"V!" I could feel the ropes binding my legs and arms being unravelled. Ervin pulled me onto his lap and patted my cheeks.
"Can you hear me...V?" He was trembling slightly. I responded with a nod.
Another figure of a man appeared near us.
He bent his head down to look at me. I knew him yet I couldn't put my finger to his name due to the cloudiness covering my mind.
"Chloroform!" he announced,"...will take time to wear off."

"Thankfully... didn't knock her off,"Vin let out a sigh of relief.
"Not like in Hollywood... anaesthesia takes time to work,bud."The other guy replied comically.
"Sto-p h-i-m-"My voice came out in cracks. It sounded meek.

"Water,Belle?" The other guy bent his knees and sat near me.

"Wait,I'll bring it."Ervin said in a worrisome manner. I shook my head in denial.

"What is it, V? "
I somewhat lifted my finger couple of inches up and pointed towards Adam who was blindly thrashing Nathan.
"S-t-op!"
Adam could kill him at this rate. It had to be stopped. Nathan was mentally unstable,beating him would do no good. His weak self couldn't stand a chance again Adam.
He was roaring obscenities in Nathan's face landing heavy blows,yanking him up onto his feet and almost strangling in his collar violently.

"Let him have his way. That moron deserves that."Ervin spewed.

"Yeah! He looks like the real 'Grimreaper' now. "The other guy howled in amusement. Neither could my brain form any words nor I could speak. I just kept shaking my head.
"Adam!" I let out a whisper that barely reached to Adam.

"Don't try to break his momentum,Bella. Watch the show... it's fun." The guy reprimanded. Ervin let out a smirk.

"Adam!"
This time my voice turned into a whistle. His arms froze in mid-air. He looked at me with heavy breaths,chest rising up and down. He heard me.
"Please!" I mumbled hoping he would understand my request.I would never want Adam to go back to his old self.Adam's gaze mellowed as he staggered forward dumping the nearly lifeless Nathan aside.

He bent over me anxiously, pulling me carefully from Ervin's lap and cradled me in his arms. A warm tear trickled down my cheeks when he kissed my brow. Every bruises, cuts stopped burning in his embrace,I felt sound and safe. Though my brain felt hazy;my heart was pounding three words clearly: 'I love you '. Maybe I would have said that or may be I did say it,I don't quite remember.

"He used chloroform;must have injected her with ketamine while taking her away from the penthouse... must've done that couple of times and later I assume he did the same? " Antonio was mumbling to himself pacing back and forth in the room.