Chapter 17-I love him?

Evelyn's POV

Butterflies...Butterflies...

Butterflies erupted in my stomach. I stayed immobile,my throat tightened and my eyes were wide as saucers.
His lips were crashing onto mine,his actions were dominate and unwavering.
What should I do? Kiss him back or push him away. I definitely didn't want to push him away. I stood there like a dumb person doing nothing at all.
C'mon Eve...Kiss him back.
My inner fan girl was shouting at me to kiss him like there was no tommorow. But I couldn't dare to.

My stomach did a back-flip. He pulled away. His eyes were depicting something that was difficult to decipher. Was he happy or was he frowning?
My cheeks flamed,turning red with embarrassment. It was the so called aftereffect of the kiss.

"Sunshine..." He said. I couldn't look up to his eyes. No, I couldn't.
"Uh- Uh- I..." I stuttered, I just couldn't think of a proper word to say to him.

"I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable, but why didn't you kiss me back?" He asked boldly. This guy... How can he say that so casually? Like as if he just asked me about my favourite colour?

"I be-better get to work. I should clean this mess." I signalled towards the kitchen counter which was a mess. Thank god, I could use it as an excuse or I would have just fainted from embarrassment .

He stared at me for a moment and then he chuckled. His dimples popped out on the left side of his cheek and his eyes seemed so happy.

"What's so funny?" I scowled.

"Stop being this cute, will you?" He pulled me into his arms. That did make me smile like an idiot and I hugged him back. His warmth soothed me and made me feel like I was home, a place where you feel safe. The place I lived my past twenty two years wasn't a home,it was a living- hell. And I never felt the warmth and fuzziness there, it was rather cold, lifeless. Every step I took around that house pricked my feet and burn me.

"I can stay like this the whole day,but I should probably go now,Sunshine." He said. I immediately pulled away,realising I was the one who was still clinging onto him.

"Uhh- yeah you should." I think its the embarrass-Evelyn-as-much-as-you-can- day for Adam. Gah!

"You don't want me to go,ain't it?" He winked at my bright and tomato-red face.

"Pfftt- That's bullshit." I denied.

"Really?" He cocked his eyebrows and smirked.

"Yeah, Go... You'll be late for the office." I turned around because I could no longer look at the handsome face of his that could make my inner fan girl squeal and jump at him. A Greek God look-alike he is.

"OK,so you still want me to go?" He slided his hand to my waist and started tickling me very softly which was sending shivers down my spine.

"Stop it,Adam." I threw his hand away from me.

"Still...? You want me to go?" He hugged me from the back.

"Yes,I want you to--"
He buried his face in my neck.
"God,you smell so good." He whispered,his lips gently touching my earlobe.

"Adam..." I said in a hushed tone.

"Yeah." He placed his chin on my shoulder and his fingers were moving in a circle above my collar bone. The tingling sensation was slowly running inside me and I was internally screaming, Don't go. Just stay and kiss me all day. Dammit.
Hell no, I couldn't say that.

"GO...please."I elbowed him,trying to push him away. For a moment I thought he was about to leave the kitchen,because his hands were off me. But,suddenly he twirled me around,facing him and pushed me to the door of the refrigerator. His green hooded eyes looked intense and captivating. Slowly,his face was approaching me like as if he was about to kiss me again. I closed my eyes not that I wanted to kiss him but I was scared by his sudden actions. But he didn't.

Instead he brought his lips near my ear and whispered," I don't think I'll be able to stop myself next time."

I stood still,perplexed over the words Adam just said before leaving.
This is wrong, so wrong. I was falling in his charms. He was breaking my walls bit by bit and I was letting him do it. What was I doing? Was I really falling for him?Yes,I know he makes me happy, he makes me feel special and helps me to forget all of my pain and sorrows. But I can't forget that I'm betraying Nathan if I get close to Adam. I was well aware to the fact that I was the reason behind Nathan's death but still I'm here doing whatever I want and allowing myself to be intrigued by a new guy. It's so selfish of me. I liked Nathan. I only liked him. Even though it had been three years of Nathan's death, I should stick to only being his girl. I can't consider Adam. I'm lonely,Yeah I'm just lonely and that's why these kind of manipulative thoughts danced in my mind. Because, I knew Adam was attracted to me,I'm just using him to fill the hole of grief and sorrow that was occurred because of Nathan's death. I can't be this selfish. I shouldn't use Adam for my happiness.

I have to stay away from him. Its for the best...

___________________________________
Sorry it took me so long to update it.
Keep reading