Chapter 25-Absence

Adam's POV

"Sunshine, where are you?"

I wandered around the streets getting anxious every single second. Nothing mattered to me at the moment, the fact that I was on my sweat shirts,it didn't matter. A pair of slippers in my feet didn't matter as well.
Sunshine, only her absence was my concern.
The crowd in the city was still the same even if it was early in the morning. The clouds were roaring and looked fierce. Sunshine probably got drenched in the rain earlier.

Where did she go?
Wandering around like a nomad didn't help. Asking the people in such a busy street won't help either.
What the heck I'm supposed to do?
Frustration was vivid on my face.

"The number you've dialed did not answer please dial again lat--"
Darn it. The call went unanswered. I wonder if she has her cell phone with her.

I realized I was somewhere near the highway. Where are you? Please be safe.

Sunshine... On the other side of the pavement... There she was...
But...
Sunshine was there.
Wait. Ervin?
His arms were across Sunshine's shoulder, which gave a vigorous shake to her shoulder. He seemed to be pissed while Sunshine, her back was facing me.
What on earth is he doing to her?
Before I could console my heart that she was safe, Ervin's action completely made me befuzzled.

Then,

Holding her hand, he took her inside a cab and off they go...
My hands were curled up in a fist. Something overcame me, anger?
Immediately, I made my way back to the penthouse.I didn't go after her. I didn't even know what I was thinking or feeling. The image of Ervin holding her hand had blinded me.
The security fellas were giving me some eerie looks but I could care less.

I came back, the penthouse looked lifeless. The weather was cold,but I took a cold shower instead. I needed it.

"Cal, follow each and every action of ERVIN and inform me.He shouldn't know about it." I gritted my teeth.
"Is everything okay?" He asked.
"Just do as I ask. Keep an eye on Sunshine. They're probably together." I hung up after that.
I clutched a handful of my hair and plopped down on Sunshine's bed.

I couldn't believe I was suspecting my bestfriend. From what I know, they've just met once, the day he carried me home after I was drunk. I had crashed his place after the heated argument I had with Sunshine, he did mention having some strange kind of affection after seeing her.
Could he like her? But that moron is well aware about my feelings towards her even though I never mentioned it.
Fuck...
She had left her phone. She left everything. I missed her. Such a shit of a person I am.

An hour later Callum called me, Sunshine was safe and sound and was staying at Sharon's place. I breathed a sigh of relief. "What 'bout Ervin?"

"I saw him coming out of a hotel. He looked...uh... different." Cal announced.
"What the hell does that different mean?"
"Upset. He did look upset and somewhat lost. He probably saw me."
"What? Cal I just asked to you follo-" I let out an aggravated breath.
"He ignored me though and went with a woman."

"WHO?"

"I couldn't see her properly,she was dressed up in a long black coat and half of her face was covered. I followed them for sometime but couldn't catch up with them. I lost the track." Cal stated.
It's probably the queer woman Ervin was talking about. Ugh, I hate myself. He might have send off Sunshine to Sharon's place. And here I was suspecting him for no reason.
Acknowledging my silence, Callum spoke,"Should I continue following him?"