Chapter 26-My business

Adam's POV

I had parked my car couple of blocks away from Sharon's home. I detested the idea of not seeing Sunshine for few more days,but I was willing to do it.
I miss her.
I fished my phone out of the pocket after I felt a buzz from it. There were few missed calls from Mom and from Callum as well. I decided to call the latter one.
"'Supp Cal?" I asked.
"It's urgent.Madam Julee wants to see YOU. She has been trying--"
"I'm on my way and tell her I'm not ignoring her." I cut him off.
"And yes 'bout that client from London. He won't be coming this week." He said in a haste.
I realised I had completely forgotten about work. We were trying to sign a contract with one of renowned businessman of London.
"Let them take their time, Cal there's no hurry." I rubbed my temples.
I saw a car pulled at Sharon's driveway. I paused on my tracks when Ervin came out of it.
"What the hell are you doing here?" He folded his arms.

"The fûck you're doing here?"I replied back,after I hung up the phone.

He smirked. Without a word,he made his way towards Sharon's home. What was wrong with this guy?

"Where's Sunshine?" I questioned again.

"None of your concern." He deadpanned.
Anger was fuming inside me. What on earth made him so full of himself?Sunshine?
But all he did was drop her at Sharon's place.
"That is my concern.She is my concern,you m@therfūcker." I grabbed his collar.
"I'm letting it go this time. Don't fucking think you own her." He yanked my arms.
Did he just...
My fist went flying towards his face. He backed out a little.
"Who are you to her, f@cker?" I screamed.
He punched back with a rage,which I was able to miss.
Then, I massaged my knuckles, giving him a busted, bloody nose, but he did swing back, giving me a busted lip.
I tackled him to the ground landing one punch after another, he did the same. There was no going back.
Dirty and bruised, we were rolling around the ground,body fuming with anger.
"Stop it." I heard a female voice,but was too busy to look after it.
"Stop it you both." Sharon was vigorously trying to stop us.

"Guys, what's wrong with you both? Why on earth...Oh lord...Stop it."

But,it didn't stop.
Before we could clash on each other again, she glided her way in and extended her arms, trying to stop us.

It worked.

We both were panting,exhaling and inhaling sharply.

"Were you guys bitten by a rabid dog?" She gasped.
"Leave her alone." Ervin was glaring towards me.

"She's mine." I spat.

"STOP." Sharon screamed.
"Get the fuck out of my porch, you both. Adam, go. Ervin GOOO. DON'T YOU DARE FIGHT AGAIN."
She threatened.

"Where's is Evelyn? I've to meet her.It's imp--" Ervin asked, wiping the blood from his lip.
"I fûckinh don't know..." Just leave." She pushed both of us.

"Okay." We raised our hands in surrender.
To make sure, we won't attack each other again, she grabbed Ervin's arms and pushed him towards his car.
Then, she grabbed my arms and led her way towards the front block where my car was parked. Without a word, she went back.

I looked myself at the car's mirror. There were bruises on my cheeks, my lips were swollen from earlier.
Mom... Right.
I had to make my visit to my parents place.

There was no way I was going to meet mom looking this way. She will faint for sure and get an heartattack on knowing about my fight with Ervin.
So, I returned back to the penthouse.
Shoving the antiseptics aside, I got dressed. I looked somewhat presentable.

"Oh my baby, what happened to your face?" My mom gasped, her eyes reflecting the genuine concern. I reached my parents mansion at evening.
"Uh- it's...I fou--- I fell. Yeah, I fell." I gave a nod to Claire and other maids, that were giving me the same look which was on mom's face.
"Are you alright? You should go see a doctor? Should I call Mr.Philip?." Mom started ranting.
"No, mom no. I'm fine. It's just I slipped at bathroom." I sighed.

"Look at you. You never receive my calls and show up with wounds and bruises."
"Mom, I was busy with my work.Now please--"

"Busy, right busy. You didn't receive my call today, yesterday too and yeah the day before yesterday and the day before that and the---"
"Ughhh." I raked my hair with frustration.

"Just say you hate me Adam."
Mom and her dramas.
I rolled my eyes.
"Just get to the point Mom. What's urgent?" I questioned.

"Oh, right. It's for the party." She chirped.
"Party?" I arched my brows.
"Yeah, for Agnes. It's a welcome party."
"But her arrival is like next week, why do you have to arrange a party now?" I questioned.

"Yes, the party is next week too. Did I say it's today?" She blinked.

"So,why did you call me for the party that's like next week?" I rolled my eyes.

"So, we can prepare." She duh-ed me.

"But there's a whole week to prepare for that." I wanted to scream but stopped.
"C'mon Adam she's your sister." She gave me that mom- look.

"Fine, what's there to prepare?" I lied flat on the sofa.

"Oh you've to do nothing. I will do that. Just send these invitations to the important clients of the Moore's enterprises." She passed me a bundle.

Calm down...
"There's Andrews,Callum and so many other person to do this work. I'm the CEO." I massaged my temples.

"Oh, it'll be nice if you invite them personally. You are known as the arrogant CEO, so to change that image. Business skills...My darling.

And yeah for those media people too. Paparazzis are everywhere." She sighed.

"Send these invitations over my place. I'm not taking them." I pushed those invitations aside.

"Make sure to invite one of Hughes girlfriend too." Lucas,my stepfather announced, climbing down the stairs.

"Dad, I don't have one." I exclaimed.

"What about that pretty lady that works at your place? Emma??"

"It's Evelyn, Lucas." My mom corrected.

"Wait, is everything okay with you guys?" She turned towards me again.

"What is okay?" I tilted my head towards the side.

"I mean Evelyn, she had shown up this morning." She stated.

"Wait, why?" My eyes got widened.

"To file her resignation letter. She wants to quit working at your place."

"Whaat?" I jolted up from the sofa, shock and disappointment was vivid on my face.

"Did you treat her badly?" My mom questioned.
"Did you let her quit?" I screamed.

"Uh-- no, I said that I'll have a talk with Adam. But yeah, she agreed on coming to the party." She beamed.

I ran towards the door, immediately after hearing that. I could hear my parents voice behind. But I didn't turn back.

Why did she want to quit?
Did I hurt her so bad?
I had to see her,stop her...

Slamming the car's door with a loud thud, I made my way towards Sharon's door. But... I saw...

"You've got me now,Evelyn. I won't let anything happen to you anymore." Ervin kissed her forehead.

"I don't want to lose you,Ervin." Sunshine hugged him back...

______________________________________

Keep reading ❤