Chapter 10-Nail cuticles are sexy

Adam's POV

DAMN.
I banged the phone down. I was trying to review the documents for the next meeting but I couldn't seem to concentrate.

For the past few minutes,I was staring at the same line.She was popping in my mind for no apparent reason.I wonder what she was doing right now.

What the hell was wrong with me? Why was I thinking about her AGAIN?

She was a total stranger.But I couldn't deny the fact that I was more than happy having her as a maid. To be honest,I internally jumped with excitement when Mom appointed her as my maid.I know I was being ridiculous, allowing myself to be intrigued by a mysterious girl,who I knew nothing about.Last night,I couldn't help myself when I saw her blinking those tears away. I guess she remembered something very painful, I wanted to comfort her but she just pushed me away. She was vulnerable,insecure and I could sense that something very unpleasant had happened to her.She was like a mystery that I wanted to solve. She smiled less,talked little,trying to distance herself.Even her faked half-hearted smile fascinated me. I love how her eyes widened,love how my name escaped from her tongue.Hell,I even found her nail cuticles sexy. I know girls were my weakness,but I never had this sort of feeling before. I could sense the change in me,after she came into my life.My dark arrogant side melted into something different whenever she was with me.I just met her like yesterday but I found everything about her amusing,I didn't understand.I cared for her,even if she was a stranger.I had never broken the rules I created for those girls I was with, but Look at me now, I let Sunshine inside my car,let her in my apartment and I have this feeling that I will be breaking all those rules for her. Because I wanted her, I wanted her so bad.

"Sir,sir... Mr Moore?" Lucy's sharp voice made me snap out of my daze.I felt slightly agitated, she interrupted my thoughts.
"What is it?"I let out an aggravated breath.
"I am sorry for disturbing you Sir, I am just here to inform you about your next meeting in ten minutes." I could see fear dancing in her eyes,fear of getting fired. I know she was doing her job, she was my PA after all."Okay,Leave."I commanded.

I knew this would happen,the meeting sucked.I would rather watch Twilight than attending a boring meeting like this. Being a CEO was such a pain in ass.But I was being responsible,which I was glad for.Those street fights I performed,when I was still a bachelor,did me no good.Our company did escalate than the past years. Hardwork does pay off. I checked the time on my watch, it read 1:15 pm.The meeting was about to conclude.Leo,my manager asked me to sign on those documents and called it an end of the meeting. I went out of the hall and strode directly to my office.
On my way, I passed through a bunch of female staff working in my company,their face was heavily caked up in the makeup.Sunshine was complete opposite of them,she was rather a natural beauty.
Okay,this thing has to stop.Why am I comparing every girl to her?
"Hello,Mr Moore would you like to eat with us?" One of them spoke,I guess her name was Lara or Lisa."We would love to lunch with you." She winked,trying to make a seductive face,but she looked like an idiot.I simply ignored them and continued the walk to my office. They always tried to impress me with their ugly makeup covered faces.What made them think that I would lunch with them? Even if they were attractive,I would never engage with any female workers as they were my employee,it was a big no no for me.

Back in my office, I worked for sometime and then I flopped on the couch,having nothing to do at all. Lucy had brought me my lunch and coffee. The coffee she brought was so bland and tasteless, I couldn't go for another sip. So, I showed the coffee its postion, the TRASHCAN. I was really anticipating the taste of coffee Sunshine made,it was so refreshing,delicate and exotic at the same time. I can still remember the sweet lingering aftertaste.