Chapter 47-I'm back

Evelyn's POV

"Home boy's gon' get 'em goodies..."
"Home boy's gon' get--"

"Will you stop?"

Sharon squinted her eyes at me analysing me from my head to toe.

"Why don't you wear that lingerie Agnes brought?"She asserted.

"Really? In this state?" I said in a dry tone pointing at my fractured hand.

"Duh. Believe me when I tell you,he's gonna straight up jump at you the moment he knows you're here." She said with the most sheepish smile.

"Won't you be late? It's near to noon." I suggested ignoring her overexcitement.

"Hmm,I know what you did there, you want me to go. Don't worry,I won't disturb you guys." She wiggled her eyebrows in playful manner.

"Shar,I still haven't forgotten that you were the one who informed Vin about Paisley.You knew I never wanted retalia--"

"Oh,it's late. Oh my my it's late.I should get going." She hastily grabbed her purse from the counter and scurried off to the door.

I shook my head and chuckled at her.

"Are you sure you want to come back to the cafe next week? You can just rest."Sharon's head poked through the doorway.

"No,I'll be fine." I shook my head.

Ervin left for Paris this morning to attend some sort of fashion show. He had happily supported my decision to live with Adam along with a threat to take his life incase something bad happens again. Sharon and I came to his penthouse this morning after I was discharged. Not to mention, Callum helped us to get in. He had agreed to keep my arrival a secret. Adam was still unaware, I suppose.
Well,he did ask Ervin to let me stay with him though.

After Sharon had left,I was overwhelmed with boredom. Sharon had already unpacked everything and made me something to eat for the rest of day since I was technically handicapped.

I had nothing to do;Adam wasn't coming any time soon from his work. At that very moment,I decided to grab something to read from his study room.

I got hit with the sense of familiarity as I approached his room.
When was the last time I've been here?

I analysed his room with a goofy smile on my face remembering the time I had to wake him up,pick the clothes for him,serve him coffee.
I guess I'm really back.

Wait, isn't this trespassing? I entered his room without his consent...Looking at it I entered his penthouse without his consent.
That's really messed up .

"I wanted to surprise him and I'm just here to borrow a book." I said to myself and reached forward to the bookcase that when I noticed few drawers were left open.

"This guy." I shook my head and closed each of them. As I about to close the last one,a blue box inside it caught my attention.
I carefully retrieved the box and opened it. It was the same dress he had nagged to put on. I never agreed on accepting it. I grinned at the memory. At the corner of the drawer, I saw a bundle of hairties kept inside a tiny plastic jar.
He didn't even have a long hair. Why did---

Wait, aren't those mine?
It definitely belonged to me.
"What on holy earth?" Did he have a hair tie fetish or something. Is there even a thing like that?
Nonetheless,why did he keep these?

"Excuse me, who are you?" A voice spoke behind me.

I quickly spun around to see a woman holding a mop in her hand. She eyed the open drawer behind me and the box I dropped few second earlier as I was startled by the sudden source of sound.