Chapter 59-How Could You?

Evelyn's POV

"He likes eating pasta directly from the pan," I had smiled to myself with that thought when I went for the door.

I felt soaring pain before I opened my eyes. I could feel my arms tightly bound together behind me;the ropes painfully cutting my wrists. My head was throbbing with an immense pain as I struggled with my tied legs. My ankles were chafing with the friction. I struggled getting up,tackling to loosen the ropes, but it was all futile. I fell hard on my side,head hitting the wall.

"Adam!"
I didn't have a moment to react. His grubby hand shoved something in my face.Everything swirled, twisted after that yet I could make out the vicious gleam in his dead eyes despite the haziness.

Crumbled,bewildered,bruised I felt remembering what had happened.
My eyelids felt heavy while I tried blinking back my tears to survey the surrounding I was in. It was dark,cold and terrifying. It felt as if I was in some sort of cavern. I rubbed my wrist along the wall in hopes to cut the rope,suppressing the searing pain of my skin peeling against the pebbly wall. I could feel the hot tears pouring on my face. He did this to me.
Nathan did this to me.
I thought he had let me go. It wasn't the case. He came after me and dragged me to this nasty place. I had no clue where this was or how many hours or even days had passed. The awful thing he had pressed on my nose was still making me feel dizzy,nauseated. I could feel the trepidation growing in me. I was turning frantic. He would hurt me.

"Brings back the memories ey, Lyn?" Out in the corner, a dark figure was trundling toward me. My heart let out a fearful leap. I could feel it my bones.
"I reckon David played with you this way?" A flicker of light came into view making his scarred face visible. He lit a matchstick near my face and slyly smiled.
I flinched.

"How are you feeling? Scared,Lyn? Are you?" he sneered scooting near me. The flame was burning the matchstick's end. He swiped the flame over his tongue, extinguishing it. Then, out of his shabby cardigan's pocket he fetched out a candle and propped it in the rocky ground,lighting it.

"Well! you should be scared because you weren't listening to me when I was being NICE."His face was nearly an inch away from mine. He then dug his fingernails in my chin, lifting it up to face him when I looked the other way.
"Wh-y d-did y-uh..."I let out a shaky breath meeting his dull eyes with my teary one.

"Don't cry,Lyn. I am here. Nate is here...with you -" he snickered grasping my cheeks painfully, "-unlike that tosser CEO of yours. Where is he?  I reckon you didn't get to have a sweet unison?"

I held back the streaming tears with all my might,narrowing my eyes at him with contempt.
"You are  a freak."

"Am I?" he let out a sardonic laugh. "Who made me this way?"

"You did, it was you,only you." His hands slithered  down my neck and began to throttle me.
"How could you leave me for that wanker? How dare you?"
I gasped,squirmed,wiggled feeling the air in my lungs waning as my head got fuzzy. I had no strength left in me to fight him.

"Tough,innit?" His eyes gleamed with something disgusting. The gleam that I had seen occasionally during his behaviour shift  was now permanently burning in his eyes.  He looked evil. A monster like my father.

"Now be nice,baby. We are going home...only if you be nice." His hands retreated from my neck as he caressed my hair.

"I am not going with you."

"Pardon me?" He executed an arched brow at me in disbelief.

"I said I'm not going  with you."

"Oh!" he snickered,"I'm the one to decide that."He pulled my hair back painfully. I bit my lip in pain.