Chapter 14-Hugs and cries

Adam's POV

"What the hell are you doing here, bitch?"

"Pai...Pai...Paisleey." She stuttered. How did she know her name?

"Shut up,you..." Paisley shifted her gaze towards me."How do you know her?"

"Paisley,Stop." I caught Paisley's hand before she could hurt Sunshine.

Sunshine's eyes were reflecting something, which was very difficult to decipher. Was it fear or was it guilt? She was holding back her tears,she was trying too hard to not to let those tears spill from her eyes.

"Let go of me,Adam. I have some unfinished business to finish." Paisley muttered,gritting her teeth. She was shooting thousand knives through her glare.

"Paisley,I -I'm sorry." Sunshine finally spoke.

"Keep your sorry ass to yourself,b*tch.You took everything away from me. You are a pathetic little psychotic b*tch. You are a mur-"

"Paisley,its not true." Sunshine said,wiping off those spilled tears from her face. No, I couldn't see her cry. I had to get rid of this girl who was muttering obscenities. Paisley was one of the models working under Ervin's agency,the Sparkle models. She was basically a gold digger, seducing rich men for money. Last week,I had gone to her apartment to get laid. I wanted to forget Sunshine for just once,I wanted her get out of my mind and to stop tormenting me with the body of her which didn't belong to me. Even if I was trying too hard for her to fall for me,she seemed totally unaffected. Distressed, I agreed to this booty call. But I returned back to my apartment,because it was not working at all. All I could do was remember Sunshine and in that following process,I left my wallet at Paisley's house. I had completely forgotten about it until Paisley showed up at my door,literally begging for me to accept her booty call. I clearly denied her request and shoved her towards the exit but then Sunshine returned.

I couldn't look into her eyes. I felt a hurricane of feelings of guilt circulating inside me,even if I did nothing to that particular girl. Why?

"Leave." I lead my way towards the exit,pulling Paisley as well.

"But,Adam..."

"Leave I said." I repeated again.I had to go back to my Sunshine.

"Hear me out, She is a mur-" Paisley tried to explain. But no I wasn't listening.

"Leave before I call my boys to kick your ass out of my apartment. It won't be good for your image,you know." I smirked.

She grabbed her purse from the counter, shooting one last death glare towards Sunshine.
"You're gonna pay for this." Paisley muttered and left banging her heels on the floor.

I had so many questions regarding Sunshine's identity. I wanted to find everything about her and now the desire had increased. I knew she was hiding something very big.

I confronted her,she was curled up in the couch, still sobbing. "Hey." I called out. She looked at me and then looked away. I could see her eyes blood red. Seeing her cry was making me upset, really very upset. How could she do this to me? How was she able to affect me so much?

"Sunshine." I spoke softly. Immediately she got up from the couch.
"You must be thinking I'm some kind of-"
"No,no I wasn't thinking anything." I retorted. She looked so captivating even after she cried.

"Really?" She asked with a heavy voice.

"Yes,if that makes you feel better." I smiled.

"My life is pretty messed up,Adam." Her eyes welled up again.

"Hey, nobody ain't got a perfect life. Its not a fairy tale,you know." I shushed her. Those blue orbs looked at me again. Suddenly her soft hands wrapped my torso. She hugged me.
Sunshine hugged me.
No, I wasn't losing this opportunity,so I hugged her back as tightly as I could,not wanting to let her go. At that very moment, I felt that she was mine. We both didn't speak a word,enjoying and exchanging the warmth radiated from our body.

Slowly,she removed herself from me. I could she her cheeks getting red,which was a really very cute sight. Her crying stopped and I was glad that I made her feel any better.

"Can you do me a favour?" She said very softly.

"Yeah,sure." I smiled.

"Please,Don't meet her." She pleaded,looking as beautiful as ever.

"Okay,but why?"

"I can't explain,I just can't. " Her eyes started welling up again .I did have a lot questions, a lot of them. But for her,I was letting them go.

"Okay." I could see her face lightened."But you have to accept that dress in return."

"But-"

"No buts or else I'm gonna ask yo-"

"Fine, I will." She finally agreed.

______________________________

Loads of love ❤