Chapter 41-Neighbour

Evelyn's POV

"Is this necessary?" Sharon bellowed, dragging the suitcase in the newly painted room which belonged to me now.

"Hundred, you've already said that over hundred times."

"Is it?" She intentionally banged the suitcase in the floor.

"We're already here,Shar."

This morning, Ervin had showed up in Sharon's house to help me move in to his apartment. I had told her about it the day before while returning from Agnes' party. She thought I was joking.
I wasn't.
And when Ervin actually showed up in the morning,she got furious to the point that she was about to strangle Ervin to death.
Thankfully she didn't.
Even though,she isn't happy about it,she did let me move in his apartment after Ervin told that it was for Evelyn's safety. Since, the stalker already knew Sharon's address.
However, she still is in a very foul mood.
"I can kill that bitch if she dares to stalk to you again. Is this necessary?" She folded her arms and plopped on the bed nearby.

"Shh...Ervin shouldn't know about Paisley okay?" I shushed her as I plopped down next to her.Sharon did agree on not telling him about Paisley but with Ervin persisting to know about that stalker every now and then I wonder if Sharon can hide the secret any longer.

"Yeah,yeah that motherf*..."

"He might hear us,he is right there in the next room." I elbowed her.

Sharon rolled her eyes and moved a bit further than me.

"Shar, I don't wanna burden you."

"How's that a burden? You're even working in the café for me...I fucking should be the one to feel burdened?" Sharon sharply said.

"Shar, Paisley can show up anytime again and it might create a big problem to you and to Kate. Can you pl---"

"I can kill her in one shot." Sharon cussed.

"Shar."I cooed as I hugged her shoulders.

"You know that I hate you so much and your brother too." She pouted her lips.

"You hate me,Ron?" The door suddenly opened and Ervin popped out of nowhere.

"Don't talk to me." Sharon held a hand to stop him from approaching her.
But that didn't stop him. Grabbing her tiny shoulders, he pulled her into his arms and started tickling her vigorously.

"Er-vin---Tho-- yo- pee-g he-dd--ed ba-b-oo-n--die---mot-..."Sharon cursed in between her laughter.
These two can be really childish.
When their bickering and bantering finally stopped,Sharon face had already turned into beetroot red.

"Carry on." I sheepishly said to which they both glared at me at the same time.

Promising to show up at the café later that day, I bid them goodbyes. I intentionally denied Sharon's request to go to the café together. I didn't want to interrupt them being the third wheel. I wonder if my brother really feels for Shar or not.

I headed towards my new room to hang the clothes in the closet. All of my belongings fitted in a suitcase.
There wasn't much to unpack.

The apartment was brand as new since Vin rarely stayed here. The whole apartment was shining brightly in every nook and corners. It was clean to the point of sterility. There were two big bulky royal looking bedrooms and one giant kitchen right next to the living room.
It was too big for a single person to live in just like Adam's penthouse.

Adam...
Memories of the night before came blitzing into my mind.

...I need a chance. A chance to mend everything. A chance to pursue you again...

...Come back home.
He had the gleam on his eyes that showed he meant every word he had said.

He had asked me for something,something that I could easily give him, something that I wanted to give him but my mind had already gone into this spiral of questions.
What if I get hurt again?

What if I hurt him this time?
The chance he asked for,the chance I wanted to present him so badly got coiled in the spiral of questions my mind ejected.

"Adam, I've to go. It's late... Sharon must be waiting for me." I jumped off from the railing, grabbed my shoes in my hands and headed towards the staircase.
"Take your time,Sunshine." I heard his voice behind me however I pretended not to hear it and kept my pace intact.

Why are you such a coward, Eve? Why couldn't you give him a chance?

Why do you think so much?
At that very moment,I hated my self for being such an coward.

As I walked further into the antique looking room it was difficult to know where I was going and when would this same looking rooms end.

Bugger me.
I was lost.
I tried opening few doors that were in the room but some led me to another balcony while some had piano and other instruments packed in them.

Could this day get any worse than this?
Thinking it was useless to wander around like a nomad, I went to room with spacious balcony.
Throwing my shoes aside, I gaped at the extravagance of the fireworks casted above me.
I might have been staring at the fire works for too long because my had gotten a little teary.

Out of no where came Adam, he seemed to be panting heavily as his breathing staggered. It looked as if he was looking for me the whole time.
"Are you alrig---"

Before I could finish my sentence,his lips came crashing into mine. I hardly had a moment to react to it before his tongue delved inside my mouth. It felt as if the world got apart. His hands rested in my neck as he gently caressed the nape of my neck. Our breaths mingled as I ran my fingers down his spine and pulled him so close that it felt as if we shared the same heartbeat. I kissed him back with the same passion that he had. My body trembled when he grabbed me by my waist and pinned me near the railing of the balcony. The fireworks seemed to be bursting so frantically as if it felt the passion that was binding us now.
Few moments later,we both pulled away gasping for breath.

"Adam." I barely managed to say.

"Sunshine." He cupped my cheeks as his thumb caressed it. He leaned in so that our foreheads rested against each other. I closed my eyes for the bliss was too unreal for me.
"I said that I needed a chance to pursue you." He said in barely more than a whisper.
"Mm" I mumbled.

"Fuck it... I'm pursuing you no matter what." He blurted and then kissed my lips again.

The blaring of a certain sound snapped me out of my reverie. My lips were still tingling because of that memory.
Shaking my thoughts aside, I grabbed my phone to see few unread text messages popping on the screen.

Vin: How are you liking the place? Call me, if you need anything :)

Shar: I closed the café earlier, got to go to some sort of boring function with Kate.
And I'm still angry :/

Replying to their respective messages, I went to the kitchen to cook something. Since, the café would be closed today,I had nothing better to do other than cooking myself some treats. Halfway through the cooking,I heard the door bell ringing.

Who could it be?
I thought to myself and went for the bolt to open the door.

"Hey neighbour,where have you been?"

__________

How long has it been guys?
I was going through something and had lost the enthusiasm to write. I'm back now.
Keep reading ❤❤
Shower some love to this book.