Chapter 11

Everyone made their way into the large plane finding their own personal spots to relax in for the long flight back to California, Tae was pretty much forced by Drake to fly back with him, refusing to take "No" for an answer. She grabbed the small brown Louis Vuitton duffel bag and left her suitcase to be a stowaway in the bottom of the plane, she slid her arms through the straps of her backpack, and placed the matte white Beats By Dre headphones around her neck and made her way through the spacious aircraft. The runway ground lights traveled for several miles leading the way for takeoff, she placed her backpack on the clean cherry wood tables that were covered in a thick coating of clear high gloss.

Drake sat down in a window seat the seat next to him left empty, Oliver took the window seat across from him facing him for easy conversation between the two of them. He had yet to speak to Drake about any of the plans he had conjured up over the course of a week and judging by his best friend's level of interest in Tae he debated with himself on spilling the beans. Tae managed to seamlessly bond with everyone around her, how easily she fit in amongst the shit talking and nitpicking that went on a daily basis between the crew.

"Iigh, iigh, I'm out, I'm done, I got no more money." Chubbs said as he slid a hand of fanned out cards face up on the table, OB did the same as he shook his head in defeat.
Tae smiled as she stood up bending at the waist picking up the stacks of 100 dollar bills that laid scattered on the table. The three had been playing card games for going on an hour recycling money every new game, every hand Tae won the two men would grumble, moan, and demand a chance to win their money back.

"This is ridiculous, that's $500 dollars she just took!" OB complained as he grabbed the brim of his hat pulling it from his bald head and scratching the top of it, then replacing it back on his head.

"Excuse me! Correction! I did not TAKE $500 from you, I WON $500 from you, you LOST $500 to me!" Tae said as her index finger went in the air, and her other hand still fixing the bills so they all laid straight.
"I warned you, I told you I knew what I was doing, you proceeded and now you out five hunnit." Her voice was full of humor as she rubbed the winnings in his face. She finally managed to get all the bills in order she folded the stack, shoving it down into her sweat pants pocket, she intertwined her fingers and placed them on the table in front of her. Her face went serious and her eyebrows relaxed. "Why don't we try something easier?..... Like goldfish.

Chubbs laughed as he watched OB folded his arms across the table and dropped his head on top of them. Drake sat adjacent of the three purposely getting the best view of Tae and whatever she was doing, he watched her with a smirk on his face as she took money from both his friends, ease dropping here and there on the conversations they were having, he looked at her features as if he hadn't spent the night with her looking at her then, he watched her toss her thick curls from one side of her head to the other, the way she scrunched her face, the way she sat, what she drank and opted to eat and snack on. His thoughts began to get the best of him, his eyes found her lips being the center of his attention. How good they felt against his, how smooth they were, how full they were. He ran his hand down the shape of his beard smoothing out any hairs, he adjusted himself in his seat slightly shifting his weight to a position more comfortable, he thought about how wet she got the night before, how tight she was around his fingers. He was seconds away from approaching her due to his own sexual desires and tension, but he held his composure.

Oliver looked over at his friend, he had been catching glimpses every now and then of Drake watching her, it was only making his decision harder, he pulled his phone from his pocket and scrolled the screen answering messages he had forgotten about in the midst of chaos.

"Chubbs and I kind of found you a... helper..." Oliver finally said with hesitation, picking his words carefully Drake blinked several times snapping himself back into reality, he could feel Drake burning a hole in the side of his face, he didn't even have to look at his friend he already knew what facial expression he had. Oliver dropped his head and chuckled. "It's seriously not that bad."

"Seriously..." Drake replied dryly.

"You look at it like it's a bad thing. Don't worry, you already know her..." He continued with a slight smile as he spoke, Drake's face went stale as he listened to his friend. He looked down at his phone as a slight vibration got his attention.

"Please don't tell me you found one of my exes to do this shit! I just know you wouldn't do that to me!..."

Oliver chuckled but Drake was very serious about his question and to Oliver that was why it was funny. "No, she's not an ex"

"Well..." Drake said he arched an eyebrow still looking at the screen of his phone. Oliver smiled as he turned his head looking at the three people sitting adjacent from them.

"You know this was Chubbs idea remember." Oliver replied, buying time.

"Oliver?..." Drake hissed back growing even more hesitant about the situation.

"You can meet her now, or on Monday when she starts?" Oliver asked him. Drake went silent frowning at his friend, he refused to answer him anymore.

"Hey, Tae?!" Oliver spoke quietly but loud enough for her to hear him he nodded his head for her to join him and Drake. She placed the cards she held in her hand face down on the table and walked the short distance to the two empty chairs beside Drake and Oliver.

"Yeah? What's up?" She took a seat next to Oliver and smiled.

Oliver was hesitant again the longer he held silent the longer the space between the three of them grew awkward. Drake frowned, he was confused but he slowly began to piece things together the longer he looked between Tae and Oliver. "Drake, this is Lashauntae... and yeah you get the rest..." He finally confessed.

Tae squinted her eyes. "Why do I get the feeling he knew nothing about this?..."

"Because he didn't." Oliver casually and calmly confirmed, he released the deep breath he was holding on to the presses his lips together.

"Mmm, of course not." She said shaking her head and looking up at the ceiling.
"Welp, nice to meet you...... Aubrey." She said as she paused before saying his real name. His nostrils flared as he glared at Oliver from across the section, amusement finally set in as if Oliver didn't mess with him enough, this definitely took the cake

"You're fucking with me." Drake said smiling.

"Not this time..." He looked back at Oliver and saw just how serious about the current situation he was.

Drake took a deep breath then released it, he nodded his head to himself, laughing to himself, he leaned forward in his chair and with a smile he took Tae's hand in his.

"Nice to meet you."