Chapter 57

Tae held hands with her friends as she exited the restaurant. Paparazzi asked nonstop questions until she made it to the passenger side of her friend's Range Rover. She completely ignored them and their questions as they snapped her pics. It was what she always did. The never-ending questions of her and Drake were being thrown at her nonstop. She sat in the passenger side with her head leaned up against the window.

"So how long you going to ignore him?" Eva asked as she scooted forward in the backseat poking her head between the front seats.

"I'm not ignoring him, I'm just not talking to him." Tae said as she processed how stupid she just sounded.

"......... Riiigghhht...... So how long you going to ignore him!?" Eva repeated with confusion on her face.

"Uuuuggghhhh I don't know Eva! Until I'm ready to talk to him." Tae said as her head went down into her lap, her hair came flowing forward. "I don't know" she repeated again. "It's like he sees me as one of these IG models that need him to get me exposure! This is the second time he's questioned me about being with him." Tae said as her head shot back up twisting her body to face Eva

Jazmine merged off the freeway turning down her street, she pulled into her driveway turning the car off and pulling her keys from the ignition. She turned to Tae focusing on her.

"Listen, I know I joke around a lot and what not, but in all seriousness La'Shauntae, if you really love this man, then you need to have a conversation with him. Ain't nothing worse than two headstrong mutha fuckas being in a relationship and neither one of them knowing how the other one feels. And you ignoring that man is only prolonging distance that isn't needed." Jazmine said as she pointed at Tae with the car key that was in her hand. "You know damn well you could of just moved into the west wing of that damn Mall of America he call a house! BUT you just haaaaddddd to leave the property for a more dramatic effect!" Jazmine fussed at Tae as she got out her car.

Tae squinted her eyes at Jazmine, as she listened to her fuss at her, Tae trailed behind her throwing her head back and stomping her feet as she walked like a child who wasn't getting their way, Jazmine fussed at Tae all the way into her house, but she was right. All Tae had to do was talk to him and get an understanding but she just had to be more difficult. She figured she'd make Drake hurt as much as she was by leaving but that wasn't helping at all it was only making her irritable and wanting to be that much closer to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drake stood in the studio between Chubbs and Oliver. 40 still sat in his chair at the soundboard, by now he had managed to crank out 6 different beats. Once 40 got going it was hard to get him to stop. Drake was in a sigh of relief, he now knew Tae was at Jazmine's for sure and it was now time to go bring her back. Apologizing through a text message was in no way shape or form acceptable to Drake, but at that time that was all he had. He at least needed her to know somewhat of his reasons for his actions.

"You want us to come with you?" Chubbs said looking up from his phone and placing in his back pocket.

"Nah, I'm good. I got it." Drake said back, still looking at his phone, Oliver and Chubbs were both studying Drake, but he was to focused on trying to find Jazmine's address.

Drake had remembered Tae texted him her address a few months back when she went over to hang out with her. He scrolled through the iMessage thread analyzing every message to make sure he didn't skip over anything. Drake's eyebrows frowned as his eyes bounced left and right on the screen.

"You got that crazy look in your eyes, bro you sure you good?" Chubbs asked as he leaned in tilting his head down to get a closer look at Drake's eyes. Drake continued scrolling as if he was ignoring his friend.

"........... Uuhhh, yea I'm good..... I just.... I gotta.... I gotta find this address." He finally replied back. Chubbs shook his head and looked at Oliver who was giving Drake a concerning look.

Drakes's eyes grew wider as he got closer to finding the address, his thumbs slowed on the screen as he slowly read the old conversation. "FOUND IT!" He said quickly pressing the underlined address. It automatically took him to maps and the directions popped up. Chubbs looked over his friend's shoulder to see the directions.

"You mean to tell me she been 18 minutes away from you this WHOLE time and you been buggin like she flew back to New York!!? Chubbs yelled to Drake pointing his fingers for exaggeration and his eyebrows frowned.

Drake looked up from his phone staring at Chubbs for longer than he should. "Well. Chubbs, I didn't know she was 18 minutes away from me.....until now." Drake replied back calmly he copied and pasted the address for safekeeping just in case something happened he'd still have it.

"This is ridiculous." Chubbs said throwing both hands up in the air in defeat and walked out the studio.

"You sure you going to be good?" This time Oliver asked, slightly laughing at Chubbs frustration with Drake.

"Yea I'm good. I'll be back." Drake said walking out the studio, he walked to the large built parking garage and opened the door of a black 2016 Rolls Royce Phantom, he looked at his phone as he sat down in the driver's side. The directions popped up step by step, he backed out the parking garage then driveway onto the dark hidden road and began his route to Jazmine's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tae laid short ways across the bed on her side watching tv, her face finally free of makeup, he hair went from a tamed mess to just a plain mess, but she was too comfortable to do anything with it. A white Nike sports bra and a pair of very baggy white OVO sweat pants that she was pretty sure where Drake's and that she grabbed them by accident covered her lower half.

She reached over and grabbed her phone, the screen lit up at the pressure of her thumb she scrolled her notifications, seeing that Drake had liked her photo and multiple photos of Jazmine's that she was in. She sighed and closed out her IG opening her text messages, looking at Drake's name she opened the threat and began rereading the messages he sent to her. Not sure if she should finally text him or just continue being hard-headed, she sighed heavily once again and turned back to the tv.