Chapter 29

Tae sat at one of the tables with Sandi. while Drake mingled with friends, family, and business partners. Sandi had been telling Tae stories of Drake's younger days, and that not much has changed. She still saw him as that energetic, wide-eyed, boy full of life that she'd hear making noise and singing throughout the house. Tae sat hand in hand with Sandi as they laughed back and forth with one another.

Drake stood at a distance with a drink in his hand watching the two of them. Drake knew his mother and he knew she was telling Tae all about him as a child. He knew just by the look on his mother's face, how she lit up. Sandi was extremely proud of her only son, her only child and she was never afraid to let it be known she was never afraid to let people know. Drake smiled at the thought of Tae and his mother becoming close.

Tae was slowly becoming that one woman in his life. He realized that he hasn't so much as thought of another woman since dealing with Tae. He had got txt messages constantly, nudes, girls stopping by shows and events he was hosting trying to figure out what was going on, why he was ignoring them. It wasn't that he was ignoring them. He simply wasn't interested anymore.

"How is my son, La'Shauntae?" A bit of concern graced Sandi's face as she asked the question. Tae looked up from her plate of food not truly understanding what she was asking.

"He's fine Mrs. Graham, I think he could use a little more sleep, but that's neither here nor there....." Tae was interrupted by Sandi, she grabbed Tae's hand again, she spoke once more repeating herself.

"No, How. Is. My. Son. You are the one that is with him more than anybody. Tae squinted her eyes, still unsure what she was asking but let Sandi continue speaking.

"I've seen the way he looks at you. I've seen the way he looks at other women he's brought home as well. Granted you are just his personal assistant and I know you'd like for me to believe that there is nothing more between the two of you, but I am aware that Aubrey has feelings for you and I am aware you have them for him. So, how is my son?" For the 1st time, Tae was speechless, she had nothing to say, absolutely nothing Sandi Graham was the first person to leave her wordless.

Sandi had always worried about Drake finding 'The One' she hated the thought of Drake going through life not having someone to share life with, going through life not having a true connection with that one woman. She didn't want Drake to end up like her. She would do her best to set Drake up with women she thought would fit him, but he'd casually deny her offer. She wanted Drake to one day settle down, get married, and have children. He was going to be 29 in a month and still was soul searching, let alone looking for a soul mate for himself. Tae looked at Sandi with heavy eyes, she knew what Sandi asking, she figured it out. Yet Tae couldn't answer. She and Drake weren't a couple. The two never made it official let alone have a conversation on what they were or whatever they had with each other.

"We..... We..... are figuring it out..." Tae replied with a forced smile, that was the only thing she could think of, yet she didn't want to not say anything Sandi had such a look of concern on her face she had a look of hope that Tae herself became a bit teary-eyed. At that moment Tae saw just how much Sandi cared for her son. How much she wanted the best for him.

As the night wound down the drinks and food slowed. The Grand opening was more than a success, once again Drake was feeling like another victory on his in his corner and he couldn't help but smile. As he hugged his mother from behind he rested his head on the top of her head, he embraced his mother in as his large arm engulfing her 5'2 frame he sat in the position until Chubbs came letting him know he had the car ready to take her home. It was getting late and he didn't want her out for too long. He kissed the top of her head as he walked her out.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come home with you? Or at least be the one to take you home? ...... I feel like I should be going wit......." Drake was cut off by his mother as she placed her small hand on his arm.

"No, Aubrey you stay here, this is your night, you need to stay with all the people. I am tired and I want my pillow and my bed. I will be just fine." Drake let out a small laugh as his mother looked up at him with a serious face. She grabbed his left cheek, Drake bent at the waist and she kissed his right cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Aubrey."

Before Drake walked her to the car, Sandi walked towards Tae who was standing next to Ryan and another family friend having a conversation. Sandi lightly placed a hand on her upper arm, Tae turned around, looking down a genuine smile fell across her face, Sandi smiled and pulled Tae into a tight hug.

"Take care of my son. I trust you." Sandi whispered in her ear, a small tear welled up in both of Tae's eyes. Drake frowned as he watched the two women interact not knowing what was going on, or why Tae's eyes had become watery. Sandi let go and began to walk towards the restaurant doors. Drake stood looking at Tae for a moment then followed his mother out the door and into the car.