Chapter 50

Tae pulled up to the large parking lot that housed the large warehouse, security greeted her with a smile as they let her walk pasted holding the heavy doors open for her. The large room was filled with people moving in all different directions, racks of clothing being pushed past her, men carrying heavy cameras and equipment. She spotted the back of Drake's head he sat in a director's chair in a fitted white t-shirt and black jeans, heavy black Tim boots finished his simple outfit. He leaned forward looking at a monitor, his friend Chubbs sat next to him in all black every few minutes he through his head back in laughter.

"Guess who." She spoke softly in his ears as her hands went around his head to cover his eyes. Drake's head went back his mouth slightly open as he began to name off random names.

Tina?.... Monica?..... Alicia?.... Erica?......" Drake began to smile as Tae's hands pulled from his eyes and she appeared looking over his shoulder.

"Oh no, no you didn't not!" She said calmly looking at him her eyebrows arched. Drake smiled and let out a chuckle as he reached his arm back around her waist pulling her in front of him.

"I'm just playing, I know my baby." He said back pulling her in between his legs and pecking her lips. She gave him a side-eye as she leaned over to Chubbs pulling him into a hug pressing her cheek against his.

"Where you been!?" Chubbs asked as he released her looking at her for a bit then back down at his phone, then finally sliding it into his front pocket.

"Looking at headshots and watching models walk. Since 'The Boy' here wants me back in modeling and clothing lines. I made a little call to a mentor and family friend Kimora Lee Simmons to get me a few models for... And some other work."  She spoke looking between the two men. Chubbs smiled at her as Drake's face showed surprise but satisfaction. She wasted no time to do what Drake asked her too. She hadn't realized how much she missed it until she started the process.

"I'm proud of you." He said pulling her in closer to him and kissing her this time a bit more playful gripping her hips, he pulled his mouth from his and turned her around "check out the takes of the video." He said as he wrapped his arms back around her lower waist he leaned forward holding her as clips played back on the monitor.

"You dance like Kanye!" Tae said with a straight face. Chubbs immediately fell into a laughing fit. A smile graced Drake's face as he watched the monitor. "It's like you can dance, but you can't. Like you have rhythm but you don't." Tae continued looking at the monitor. "Like, I can't turn away, I can't stop watching you do whatever this is." Chubbs continued laughing Drake was now looking up at Tae who was studying the monitors. She looked down at him and kissed the top of his head. Multiple outtakes and rough footage continued to play.

The smile on Tae's face fell as soon as she saw a familiar female face grace the screen, she left her body loose but her face tensed up, her eyes squinted, her nose flared, and her lips became extremely tight. Chubbs noticed the sudden change out the corner of his eye but said nothing. Chubbs knew this female was somebody Tae knew very well. Too well.

"Where you going?" Drake looked up at her as he felt her began to pull from his grip.

"I gotta pee." She answered him back with no change in her voice. He released her from his arms. And watched her walk towards the back rooms of the warehouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tae opened and closed one door after another until she finally saw a room of women getting undressed. She walked through it pulling her hair from the right side of her head to the left, she scanned the small room until she found Ayisha pulling up a pair of leggings past her hips.

"What are you doing here!?" Tae demanded her voice low so the rest of the girls wouldn't hear she grabbed the shapely woman by the arm getting her attention.

"Oowwweee! Nice to see you too! I'm fucking working!" She said back yanking her arm from Tae's grip.

"Bullshit, how long did it take you to try and throw your box at him."  Tae spoke through her teeth as she watched Ayisha pull a shirt over her black bra. She laughed as she leaned down to pick up her duffle bag.

"What makes you think I was throwing my box at him!? Maybe, I was here waiting for you. Maybe I missed you." Ayisha said back, she mocked Tae with a babyface as she bat her long thick eyelashes at her. The room began to empty as Tae and Ayisha continued their conversation. Tae looked around the room as other women looked back, trying to figure out what they were speaking about, but continued to leave the room.

"Bullshit. Don't touch my fucking man. Do you hear me Ayisha." Tae spat back pointing a finger in her face.

"Oh! Now he's your man, just a few weeks ago you was just his Personal Assistant. Look at you! Fucking your way to the top, just like the rest of us 'hoes'" Ayisha continued mocking Tae with a smile on her face. Tae's jaw clenched, her hands formed fists as she closed her eyes, and breathed out.

"Yea, the only difference is, I'm fucking ONE man and that ONE man actually happens to be MY man.... Stay away from MY man." Tae said as she stepped closer to her, Ayisha had a steady scowl on her face as she took in Tae's last words, she tried coming with the last word, but even she knew Tae was right with her last statement. Tae studied her then finally turning around to walk out the room, she turned the knob opening the door she met Drake's gaze. He looked past her to Ayisha then to Tae.

"I thought you got lost, what you doing in here?" Drake asked with a demanding yet calm voice, he looked at Ayisha who stood toward the back of the room fully dressed and her duffel bag on her shoulder.

"Saw the room of girls, and I saw a familiar face. So I came in to say hi." Tae answered back thrusting her thumb over her shoulder in the direction of Ayisha, she smiled and spoke with confidence not a single stutter of crack in her voice. Ayisha began to walk closer.

"Oh ok, y'all done? were about to leave." Drake asked still looking between the women.

"Yea, come on......" She said wrapping an arm around Drakes lower back. Before walking out the door Tae turned to Ayisha. "It was nice seeing you again boo. Can't wait to see how you are in the video." She spoke over her shoulder, her voice sounding sweet and genuine, but her face hit Ayisha with a scowl and a glare of silent death.

It was safe to say Drake wasn't the only one in the relationship that was good at acting. She could of let Drake know right then and there what the situation was, but that would mean more explaining once they got home and Tae wasn't really in the mood for a repeat of ex-relationship history. Just like a majority of the women. Ayisha was an 'at that moment' thing she wasn't necessarily what you would call "wifey" material, however one man's trash is always another man's treasure, but Tae knew better after dealing with Ayisha she knew her ways were nothing BUT trash.