Chapter 35

Tae sat at a distance as she scrolled through her phone, she had been keeping her promise to Drake's mother that she would let her know what her son was up to and what show he had next. Sandi let it be known almost every 3 text messages that she and Drake were meant for one another, but all Tae could do was take the compliment and assure Sandi that she would take care of Drake for her. Tae didn't know what she and Drake were honestly, after her blow up at him and him angrily fucking her senseless, soar, and breathless (which she didn't mind) goosebumps ran up her arms as the thought of him pulling her hair and talking shit in her ear.

Her thoughts were interrupted by her phone vibrating, she hesitated hoping it wasn't another story about her. She looked down at her phone seeing that it was an email. As she read it she smiled to herself. She looked up to find Drake throughout the room. Who had been watching her the whole time, she motioned for him to come sit with her.

As awkward as it was, she never let the personal things going on between Drake, herself, and ex's interfere with her business. At the end of the day, she was Drake's personal assistant first. As he made his way to her, she sat up giving him room to sit next to her.

"I wanted to say congratulations on having the highest digital selling album of 2015 for 'If You're Reading This It's Too Late'" Tae said as she handed Drake her phone to see the email with the good news. Drake looked at her phone as he smiled and bit his lip.

"I like how you always have good news for me, I'm starting to think you're my good luck charm." Drake replied as he flashed her a boyish smile.

"Naahhh. You're just THAT good." She said back nudging him with her elbow. "Look, I'm sorry. I said the wrong thing. I don't think you JUST fuck me." She continued.

"So you know I have feelings for you?" He said looking at her with a serious expression.

"Yes." She replied simply.

"Good." He said taking a sip from his glass. "And how are you?" He continued with genuine concern.

"I'm fine, I'm taking it for what it is. When connected to someone of your status people are going to dig for things. I need to understand that, and ignore it, I know who I am, what I'm about, and what I've been through, and I will not allow anyone to take me out of character. Just know when and if I see Dollicia or Draya I will have..... Very encouraging words for them." Tae spoke with a straight face as she looked out over the distance of the restaurant, Drake looked at her with an arched eyebrow not sure what she meant by 'encouraging words' he wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

His arm went around her shoulder as he pulled her into him, as he kissed her forehead. She sat with her head resting on his chest. Tae knew if she wanted to be with Drake there are things she'd have to get used to, she knew she wasn't what her ex's were saying about her, she knew she'd have to send warning shots to Dollicia if she wanted her to stop the nonsense, and she knew when she saw she'd have just that warning for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drake was in DC for Howard's Homecoming. Howard was one of Drake's favorite college and every time he showed up it was nothing but love. The stage was lit up with fluorescent green lights a large screen displayed a cellphone with a fully charged battery on the front screen. The noise of the crowd hadn't stopped since the arena opened up. He hadn't even stepped on stage yet and the screams ran throughout the arena, and once again fans sang and rapped along with every word. Fan signs bobbed up and down, as girls rocked t-shirts with his face on them, most of them during his acting day on 'Degrassi' when he played a character by the name of 'Jimmy Brooks'

As he jumped up and down he commanded the crowd's attention. It was hard to turn away from him as he performed, even when it was just him on stage. He had an energy about him, his movements, his facial expressions, how excited or hoe hype he got on certain songs. He was a show within a show and you got a high just from watching him.

The screams continued long after Drake had left the stage. He had spent the day before doing surprise pop-ups throughout the campus. As much as he wanted to stay longer he'd find himself on a flight to Austin for 'Austin City Limits' Festival also know as ACL Fest. It was a two-week-long festival of multiple artists from Rock, Pop, HipHop, indie, and more that was hosted every year, and would be putting a show every night for Austin.