Chapter 54

Tae laid on her stomach in the guest bedroom, as she looked through head-shots of models, she had a deadline given to her and she wasn't going to let her personal problems stop her from her work.

"Girl! If you don't txt that man back! Jazmine yelled at Tae as she sat Indian style at the head of the bed, dropping the stack of head-shots in her lap and tilted her head back.

"No." Tae simply replied looking at the gold iPhone laying next to her on the bed. She picked it up turning the switch to silent. "There, now you won't even hear it." She finished as she threw an annoyed smile as her best friend.

"That man been textin you them long ass 'Take Care' apologies an you just gone ignore it, just damn near typed a full song in your messages! Jaz said looking at Tae then at the phone that laid silently but continued to light up every few minutes.

"Yes, I'm going to ignore it, I need some time. It's only been four hours since I even left. You give in too easily, that's your problem." Tae said back giving her a slight smile and a pointed finger.

"Give in too easily!? I don't even have a man TO give in to. I need to give in, maybe I'll get a man.... At least let me read them." Jazmine replied as she leaned for the phone.

"Nooo! He'll know I read them!" Tae said trying block Jazmine's hand from grabbing the phone.

"You know damn well you wanna know what he said too!" Jazmine finished as she pushed Tae's hand aside grabbing the phone.

Tae knew Drake had a way with words, after all, it was his job too. Not that he didn't mean the words he was saying to Tae, she knew he meant them or he wouldn't say them. Drake wasn't that kind of guy. He wasn't one to lead anything on. Some women would complain that he was too honest, but Tae knew if she read the messages she'd find herself right back at the Estate.

"At least read them so you know what's going on, because he's clearly explaining why he reacted the way he did." Jazmine said to Tae as she looked up from the screen with a genuine look. She handed Tae the phone, then picked up the rest of the photos to continue going through them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drake sat in the studio chair, his blackberry in hand, his fingers ran across the small keyboard, but quickly stopped. He picked up his iPhone to see if Tae read any of the messages, and that was all he needed. He needed to see that she read the messages, that she knows how he feels, and that he didn't mean to react the way he did. Drake nodded his head as he saw Tae read the messages but didn't respond.

It was going on 6am and Drake had not once closed his eyes, since waking up the morning before, not that he didn't want too, it was just that every time he did Tae would pop up in his mind. All he could think about was the way she looked when he grabbed her wrist. His thoughts were interrupted by 40 playing a beat. As he listened to him tweak sounds here and there. Drake's head went back on the chair. As he nodded to the beat.

He remembered a conversation he had in his earlier years with his former manager and Lil Wayne's manager Tez. He expressed to Drake that he was going through an early midlife crisis, that he was pushing 30 and was still trying to find his soulmate, a woman that he could trust in general. Drake realized he would be 29 in less than two weeks but was still battling an endless little black book of women.

Sure he had ex's that still remained in good graces with him, still in contact with him, he'd find himself checking on them every once and a while to see how they were, but that wasn't enough. He spent all these years learning and finally had a woman the was perfect but somehow he managed to question her motives. There wasn't much that Drake didn't have. He knew what he liked and didn't like. He knew his business, his moves, his sound, and everything in between. But somehow he found himself sitting in the studio trying to differ HIS Life and THE Life.