Chapter 62

Tae rolled over in her bed as she slapped her hand down on the buzzing alarm clock. She groaned as she looked at the 8:00am time, then rolled her eyes and fell back on her pillow.

"Get up! We got shit to do." Jazmine said as she stood in the door frame of Tae room in her bra and panties holding a black mug, Tae covered her face with the free pillow as her muffled groan tried to escape from the pillow.

The smell of coffee entered Tae's nose the closer she got to the kitchen, her sister stood behind the counter a sweatshirt covered her arms and a pair of boy shorts hid underneath it. She looked down as Tae entered the kitchen trying not to make eye contact. Tae scowled at her sister for several seconds watching her fiddle with everything in the room.

"You ready for this event? You not nervous are you?" Jazmine asked, sitting with a mirror leaned against the wall she applied concealer to her freshly washed face.

"When have I ever been nervous? I know what the fuck I'm doing." Tae answered back in confidence turning away from her sister. "I got this." She continued as she walked from the kitchen giving Jazmine a cocky look as she made her way back down the hall to get in the shower.

Tae looked over at the clock realizing it was later than she thought, she checked the last little details of her outfit, she wore a simple short black dress with long sleeves, six-inch-high ankle booties hugged her feet. Her hair was bone straight, and a simple silver necklace laid right above the swooping neckline of the tight dress.

It was going on two in the afternoon and Tae had 30 minutes to get to the store, Tae walked back to the kitchen looking over to see Jazmine's progress she watched as she looped the strap of her heels. "You ready?" Tae asked as she overlooked her beautiful friend

"Let's go." Jazmine said back as she looked up from her heels.

As Tae pulled into the back of the building, paparazzi made their way closer to her car, with the news of the event and Kimora doing press and mentioning Tae's name for the opening of the first-ever Just Fab store, paparazzi made sure to station themselves outside the building to catch any and every celebrity that made their way to the event.

Tae politely pushed her way through the small crowd of paparazzi. The questions of how her and Drake were doing rang in, questions about if she visited any more hospitals, some even went as far as to hit on her. Tae kept a straight face not engaging with any of them, she pulled the doors open and was greeted by a 6 foot 5 Kimora Lee Simmons in heels.

"My twin sister!! Yeeessss hunty..... And I say twin sister cuz if I said anything other than that, I would be revealing my age, and that ain't none of y'all business." Kimora said with a bright smile, pulling Tae into a hug. "How are you doll!? Justine! Don't we look related look!" Kimora continued as she stood next to Tae facing her personal assistant Justine.

"Kimora, all Asian and Japanese and Korean people look alike girl." Justine said as he gave Kimora a dumbfounded look. "If I didn't know what your voice sounded like I wouldn't be able to tell who was who." Justine continued as he mocked Kimora and her excitement.

"You know what!? See now you being extra. I was gone fire you yesterday, but I needed coffee this morning." Kimora mocked him back with a twisted up face before she and Justine busted into laughter.

As the show got closer in time, Tae ran from one end of the store to the other making sure this model had this and that model had that. Kimora had given her complete reign of the show's fashion and Tae took the honor head-on, as people filled the store Kimora stood on a large white circular platform, she held a black mic in her right hand.

"Thank you so much for coming, I know it's a little packed, it's a lot more people than we thought and even planned for. BUT! I won't complain and neither should you all, because it's free drinks and food up in here." Kimora's sense of humor poured out as she spoke giving people insight of her latest project.

" I started Just Fab as an online boutique, however a store has always been in the making but, it took a lot of testing to see if the online store would even work, I wanted an even faster way for women to get the shoes that they love on the site, therefore the store now being here. There is a literally.... Five handfuls of people that need to be thanked.... And they will be thanked, trust me when they see their paycheck." Laughter from the crowd came once again, Kimora pointed at a few of the members of the crew that would be thanked.

"I definitely have to thank my beautiful long lost twin, model and stylist La'Shauntae Heckard, who literally styled ever model that you see in here. This is probably more her project than it is mine." Kimora pointed to Tae who stood a few feet to the left of her she smiled as cameras began to flash in her direction.

"So, yea, I won't ramble too much, eat as much as you want, drink as much as you want..... But don't get drunk, it's a lot of expensive stuff in here and I will make you buy what you brake..... You brake you buy..... Hahaha so yea enjoy." As Kimora finished up the crowed began to depart throughout the store, looking, touching, conversation about this piece and that piece. Tae did multiple interviews about her involvement with The Company and her involvement with Kimora in general.

For the first time in a while her interviews were not circled around her involvement with Drake, a few asked where he was and she politely said he was busy working on an album, but that was as far as they went, no questions about their sex life, about women, about what they do for fun, nothing. This was what Drake wanted for Tae he wanted her back on this side of media, the side that asked what the events were about, the media that didn't care for what Drake and Tae were doing, they wanted to know about the clothes, shoes, hair, what she was wearing. The side that wanted to know about the business Tae was doing. This was the side of media she longed for.