Chapter 16

Drake spent the day checking over how exactly the show would look.

"I know they checked pyrotechnics yesterday but I want to see what they look like from the seats."

"Know yourself comes last, Jungle won't fade into anything it will just fade out.

"Charged Up will come up but won't play through. It will completely stop and Back to Back will come up. The screen on the back will play the memes."

It was nonstop, double-checking, triple-checking. Drake sat with his producer 40 and his DJ, Future The Prince double-checking songs, microphones were checked and swapped out. Oliver checked over contracts and paperwork of Drake and the other artists that would be here. Tae had his wardrobe set, certain shoes were picked out, certain shirts, pants. She had to make last-minute arrangements for Drake's in-town barber to come and shape him up before the show, she called Sher Night Club which was the club Drake had built in the Air Canada Centreto, where the Toronto Raptors played, to make sure they were set for his arrival after the show. He was hosting the after-party in the Members-Only club and of course everything had to be perfect, she would have to make a stop in to make sure they had everything Drake wanted.

After rehearsals, everyone went to change into what they would be wearing out. That day every member of the crew either had on sweats or shorts. Tae had been comfortably placed in a red sweatshirt, black OVO sweat and Red J's because she was in Drakes hometown, she thought she'd clean up. And don't ever get it fucked up, she cleaned up very nice. Tae didn't want to miss any part of the show so she made the decision to change after the show was over, she stood on the lighting balcony to get the perfect view.

The 6th Annual OVO Fest was definitely rememberable this year, with the beef Meek Mill dragged Drake into worked in Drake's favor from start to finish. He opened the show with a snippet of Charged Up, it then faded into Back To Back behind Drake was a screen that played an endless amounts of Twitter and Instagram memes that fans made about the beef, but the best part about it was the fact that the whole crowd knew every lyric of Back To Back.

At one point Drake stopped rapping the song altogether and just let the crowd rap it for him it was absolutely priceless. Flashing lights, fire, fog, smoke. The effects, the visuals. Drake knew how to put together a show and he knew how to perform a show even better. As the show ended Tae made her way down to backstage. While Drake was still on stage with his good friend and fellow rapper J.Cole she got dressed in his Dressing room.

She wore a black long sleeve halter top that had cutouts to the bottom side of her breast. The shirt served up a fierce plate of side boob and she knew it. Her pants were a multi-patterned of green, black, and white, she wore 6inch high strapped ankle booties. She wore all gold jewelry. Large gold hoops, a thick gold belly chain, a small gold chain that had the OVO Owl on it, and her a belly button ring. Her hair was naturally curly and her make was simple but her eyeliner and cheekbone highlights were dramatic.

The team was always used to seeing her dressed like a tomboy, but she'd always balance it with her hair, makeup, and nails always done. That was her style. She was able to wear a pair of 7inch Red bottoms with sweatsuits and make it look good. She stepped out of Drake's dressing room and was greeted by wide-eyed looks from the crew. Oliver and Chubbs both smiled at her appearance. Hush, 40, and Niko. Greeted her with whistling and fanning air at her. She stood and let them have the moment.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Are y'all done." She said rolling her eyes, she walked over to the wall and stood in an open space next to OB who she knew was about to say something he had that look on his face.

"Who are you? And where is my homie Tae at?" OB's hands were in his pockets his face was relaxed as he looked her up and down.

"I clean up nice right." She replied looking up at OB smirking, she leaned on the wall place her arms in front of her.

"Clearly!.... I mean DAMN..... I mean GOD DAMN...... I mean HOT DAMN!" OB said as he looked over her, Everyone standing in the hall started cracking up.

Tae let her head fall in her hands as she shook her head, a few seconds later she looked up at him. "OB, get the fuck outta here!" She laughed as she spoke.

"If Drake doesn't propose to you tonight, I will. Ok? So you know, I don't want you surprised." He said with no sarcasm in his voice.

Tae shook her head. OB's arm went around Tae's shoulder. As he held up the signature seasoning symbol with his fingers, holding his fingers in the air. He yelled. "The homie cleanse up niiiiice!"

Tae made the same symbol with her fingers she placed her fingers under his and replied. "Trussssss mi daddddyyyyy!"

Everyone in the hall broke out in laughter once again but were stopped by clapping from everyone Drake walked backstage everyone in the OVO crew, as well as the Staff all, clapped as he made his way down. Chubbs clapped him on the back next was Oliver's turn to give him love, then 40, his cousin Ryan jumped up and down. He turned to OB who had pulled his arm from around Tae's shoulder and hugged his best friend.

Drake started at Tae's feet then slowly moved up her body all the way to her hair. He was speechless. He had truly never seen her so dressed up, sure her nails, makeup, and hair was always done but to see her like this was a sight for soar eyes. It took Drake every muscle in his body not to pick her up caveman style and carry her into his dressing room and bend her over the table.

"Damn, I mean shit!" Drake said but was cut off by OB putting his arm around Tae's shoulder once again.

"Let me introduce you to my homie, this is La'Shauntae, not Tae. There's a difference." OB explained as he spoke in a professional manner. Drake laughed and shook his head at his friend's humor.

"I'm not a Tomboy all the time.

She smiled at Drake who was still looking her up and down.

"I see."

The night ended at Sher Club it went just as planned. The company was great the drink flowed and it was nonstop laughter. There was no doubt that Drake and OVO managed to take over the Summer but the crazy thing was that......... He was JUST getting started.