Chapter 27

Tae stood off to the side of the stage with the rest of the crew as Drake approached them she handed him a cold bottle of water and placed a black towel around his neck as he walked backstage he embraced the applauds he began to receive from the staff members, he shook hands and thanked them for their amazing help he made it to his dressing room and began to quickly change. He and crew were set to fly out of New York and back to Toronto for the grand opening of his restaurant 'Fring's'

Drake was becoming way more than just a rapper, he remembered having a conversation with one of his mentors Jay-Z about becoming more than just a rapper but becoming a mogul. Owning your brand and building it up and Jay-Z had the right brain for Drake to pick. Jay-Z's foot was in everything possible. A record label which was ROC Nation, he even had ROC Nation Sports where he managed athletes of all sports, he was part owner in restaurants, charities, and so on. It wasn't just money in music, it was money in owning a business, creating other businesses, building and gaining people's trust that you knew what you were doing so they came to you wanting to be on your team. and that's JUST what Drake was doing.

Drake and his hometown Best Friends built OVO from the ground up. Over the years he added a record label OVO Sound that already had multiple artists signed to it, he added a clothing line that was doing tremendous, he had a deal with Michael Jordan himself where they would re-release Drake's favorite J's but with the OVO logos on them, the deal with Apple Music giving him his own Radio Station. When Jay-Z told Drake to build your brand up he took that literally, and he had the people around him to thank for that. They trusted him to carry OVO and he did just that.

Drake made his way to the line of black SUV's that lined exit of the arena, fans lined up screaming standing behind barricades. Drake smiled and threw a few girls winks that screamed out 'I LOVE YOU!!!' Tae stepped into the SUV first and waited as Drake waved at a few more people. He stepped closer to the fans that held out markers, he signed shoes, shirts, posters, even signed a few sets of breasts.

As he stepped into the SUV Tae held up a hand for a high-five "I'm must say you always put on a hell of a show!" Tae looked at him intertwining her fingers with his and holding his hand.

"Well, you know, I do what I do." He casually said as he shrugged his shoulders. The line of SUV's pulled off making their way to the JFK Airport.

Drake rubbed the back of Tae's neck as she showed him the photos from the 'Fader' photoshoot he had earlier in the week. She held up the iPad in front of him pointing at which images they wanted to use. Drake's attention wasn't on the photos, he was focused on her. For some reason seeing her be professional turned him on a bit, he noticed little quarks about her that made him smile. The way her eyebrows frowned together whenever she was reading an email, her face would get serious as if she was mad at somebody, the way she would focus in on one thing. He realized just how much she was similar to him, her drive to get things done, how she would work on things for hours, days, even months just to make sure they came out the way he wanted.

Drake couldn't help himself, he pulled her towards him, kissing her lips, he pushed his tongue in her mouth as the kiss deepened she sucked on his bottom lip, she felt his hand rubbing on her inner thigh, Drake groaned in frustration because her jeans were in the way of him feeling her skin. She smiled in between kisses. They were so absorbed in one another they hadn't realized they stopped and were parked on the curb in front of the airport waiting to be escorted by airport security to the runway strip. As paparazzi's cameras flashed outside the fairly tinted black windows they began to pull away. Not realizing just how powerful that camera flash was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the plane reached the proper altitude, everyone got up and took seats where they wanted too. OB and Chubbs found themselves sitting at the same table where Tae took $500 from each of them on her first flight.

"How the fuck do you keep doing this! Are you fucking Rain Man!? You counting cards!?" OB spoke with a curious yet demanding tone his eyebrows frowned as he stood up trying to look in Tae's chair for any spare cards. Chubbs shook his head in his hands again. Realizing his stupid ass friend managed to talk him into going up against Tae again.

"Can't believe you got me playing blackjack with poker champ of the year again." Chubbs said to OB with a frown, he hit OB in the arm with a closed fist. Both men shook their heads as they watched Tae pull all the money that was placed on the table towards her once again like Déjà vu she found herself straightening a stack of $100 dollars bills, in the middle of doing so her attention was stolen by her phone lighting up notifications began rolling in, text messages from friends, a few family members as well her eyebrows frowned as she picked up the phone she slid her finger across the screen unlocking it.

Instead of going to her notifications 1st she hit her message a timeline of saved numbers came up. She rolled her eyes as she looked at the 1st unread message she opened it and her face grew red, her eyes widened her mouth fell open.

Txt from Draya: just his personal assistant huh? 😈

a photo of her and Drake sitting in the back seat of an SUV French kissing was attached to the text.

She couldn't believe it! They had only been in the air for 2 hours, the pic couldn't be older than 4 hours old. How could they even see in!? The windows were tinted! The flash from the professional cameras caused a backlight against the black window and because it was dark outside the flash caused a reflection. Tae knew this due to her history with modeling and photography, but she didn't think that deep about it until now, she knew that most paparazzi used these high-performance flashes JUST  for this purpose to get photos of celebrities even behind tinted windows. She looked up at OB and Chubbs who were looking at her with concern.

"Everything ok sis?" Chubbs spoke as he began to lean forward looking at Tae curiously his eyebrows frowned. Tae looked up at him like a deer caught in headlights.

"Shit......" She said while still looking at Chubbs, his face frowned he turned to OB who had the same look of genuine concern she turned her focus to Drake who was sitting in a reclined chair looking at his laptop.

"Aubrey......." She said as her voice rattled with anxiety, Drake looked up at her his eyebrows formed in curiosity of what she wanted. "Look at your phone!"

His eyebrows frowned in confusion as he looked at her for a moment, he studied her face and it wasn't a good expression. He picked his phone up that also had been lit up from Twitter and Instagram notifications, text messages from a few women he'd been talking too. His eyes narrowed down as his lips pressed together. He opened his Instagram, his eyes widened as his jaw clenched, his phone screen was full of photos of him and Tae locked into a steamy kiss in the back of a black SUV.