56 - Name Your Poison

So what do we think...caused Athina to be like this...who is the culprit...

"Athina, Athina, Athina"

I heard my name being called, getting louder and louder, as I suddenly awoke, "hhhh, hhhh" I spluttered and gasped, as I started to swallow water. Panicking, I screamed, desperately tried to hang onto the side of the bath, but there was nothing to grip onto on the left side as I tried with both hands to frantically pull myself up on the right hand edge.

The bathroom door came crashing down in front of me. "Bang!" The door now laying splintered on the floor a breath away from me. By now, I was gasping for breath, hanging over the side of the bath, clinging to the bath for dear life, trying to avoid slipping back in.

All at once, Jarod was there by the side of me, dragging me out of the bath, wrapping me in towels. Tears were streaming down his face.

"Athina, I've been ringing you for hours. I've left Sophia with the security guard at the building. I had a gut feeling I should come as I've been sick the last few hours. I, think you were right when you said there was something wrong with the wine. When you didn't answer, I thought I'd better come and check, see if you were okay."

"Athina, Athina, answer me. Please answer me, you are scaring me"

It was as if I could not speak. The power had gone from my voice. I had that strange feeling again, as if I was there but not there. Almost as if I didn't care. I felt water on my cheeks but I didn't know why.

I felt as if I was drifting in, then out, aware but then not. Flashes of moments were passing before me, so I didn't know if it was happening now, in the past, or if I was dreaming, I was incapable of deciphering.

I heard Jarod calling someone, wrapping me in a large towel, he appeared to grab my dressing gown off the back of bathroom door and put that round me too, as he appeared to be collecting items.

I could hear him shouting, as he carried me his arms swaddled in towels, "can you get someone to fix her door, and I'm taking her to the hospital".

Jarod must have driven like a crazed man, or maybe I didn't have a real concept of time, I know I was sick in the car on the way but it seemed almost like only a few moments had passed until we arrived at the hospital and I was pushed straight onto a trolley.

Everything was a haze. I heard the clock ticking loudly and under slit lids noted the time was 6:00pm as my eyes then closed of their own accord. Later, I awoke, to find myself in bed, in a hospital room, with a drip attached to me and Jarod, asleep in the chair beside me, one of his hands in mine.

I still felt woozy and disconcerted, "Jarod," I whispered, moving my fingers he had clasped within his. He stirred a slow emerging.

"How do you feel? You have no idea how you worried me," Jarod said with emotion, nervously brushing his hair back and behind his left ear.

I tried to speak but I didn't know what to say. I was so confused; I just said nothing and stared blankly at Jarod, as he started talking to me.

"Athina, its okay, just listen okay, you need to get your strength back. I can't remember much but I ended up not feeling too clever either and had to go to accident and emergency, after you went home," said Jarod nervously twiddling with his left ear.

"The thing that stood out was you mentioning the wine tasted funny. I told the hospital and they really think we both may have been drugged. I asked them to test you and I'm waiting for my tests to come back, so hopefully we will have both of our results back soon. I really don't understand how this can have happened. I've spoken to the Police and they want to talk to you." said Jarod.