98 - A Serpent's Tongue

So I had to vacate the flat in 4 weeks. Quickly I erased the message. I would contact Emily tomorrow to see if her uncle could help transport all my stuff, once I had more details from Tony.

As I contemplated everything, I deleted the movie from my phone.

"I'm just going to the bathroom darling, I'll be back in a minute Sophia."

I wondered about cameras. I couldn't take any risk so I pulled the cloakroom door shut and kept the light off. Next, I forwarded the film to my email account before deleting it from my phone. It was hard to keep my emotions in check as I relived what I had seen previously, but I knew I needed to regain my composure. Taking a deep breath and then another, to calm myself, I turned the light back on and flushed the toilet before turning the light off whilst making my exit. Then Jarod almost collided with me in the corridor.

"Where are you going? You can't escape me that easily!" Jarod said, trying to kiss me by pulling me to him, as I tried to wriggle away from him.

Play the game. Don't let him suspect. I told myself.

As I relaxed and melted into his arms, it was easy to forget and act as he expected. His kiss and touch were irresistible. No matter what I knew or had seen, I was incapable of not responding to him or wanting more. My body betrayed my need for him and I hated myself for it.

As I felt his manliness press urgently against me and his kiss deepen with want and need, I felt a surge of joy feeling his desire for me, crazy though that might seem. As he drew away from the kiss, I felt light headed and my body tingled all over with lust for him.

"Let's order in dinner tonight, I want to relax with my wonderful fiancée" said Jarod as he kept hold of my hand and held it as we entered the lounge together to join Sophia.

"How did your visit go to Theodora today?" I asked Jarod.

"Oh, I didn't go today. I had an urgent meeting I had to attend, so I'll go another day," he responded.

Jarod turned away abruptly, so his eyes didn't meet mine. Then he went over to Sophia, to look at the drawing she was working on.

Why did he lie to me?

If I hadn't seen him with my own eyes, I would not have been the wiser. I felt as though he had stabbed my heart into tiny pieces, with the pain of his deceit. If I needed any more proof that I had fallen for a notorious liar, he had just handed it to me.

I blinked back the tears that were forming, as my heart felt an icy chill and the the voice in my head shouted 'What else was Jarod hiding from me?'

Edit 4  June 2017 (P)(L2)

If you liked this chapter please do vote (please hit the star) and if you have time to comment that would mean so much to me, as your feedback inspires me to keep writing and your helpful critique is greatly appreciated as I learn and grow on my journey as a writer.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author. Many thanks Kimberley S B Lieb

}