74 - A Picture of Feasibility(Part Two)

I felt utterly drained as I grabbed his hand again and spoke softly to him.

"Jarod, let's go to bed, I have just had it now and I feel so tired and drained, I bet I could sleep for a hundred years."

"I'll second that, I'll just grab my jacket," said Jarod as he quickly grabbed his jacket off the Kolton chair and came back and held my hand.

As we passed Sophia's room, I heard her stir.

"I'll just go and check on her okay," I said to him softly, "you get ready for bed, I'll be there in a few minutes" and he nodded as he went to our room.

I opened the door gently and went over to Sophia, she had tossed in her sleep so the quilt cover had almost fallen off her and I pulled it back over.

She looked so beautiful sleeping; it seemed so strange to think she would have a sister or brother soon to join her and that I would be a mother. I looked down and let my hand causally, lay on my stomach. It all just seemed so surreal and yet I was excited but scared all wrapped up in one bundle.

I looked at the picture of Sophia and Theodora that was on the dressing table, she had long hair too. Something told me it wasn't Emily. I pulled out my phone from my pocket took a quick picture of the photograph, hoping the flash would not wake her. Sophia stirred but then just rolled over towards the wall. I made my way out of the room and closed the door gently.

I made my way along the corridor, I heard Jarod calling out to me "I'll be there in a minute; I am just going to the toilet."

I went into the cloakroom and sat down on the toilet seat. It had just come to me when I was looking at the picture of Theodora, how I, Emily and her, all looked re-markedly similar. It probably was a crazy idea but what if it was Theodora that Tony saw. I didn't have a photograph of Emily but I had a gut feeling it wasn't her.

I got my phone out, here goes. I sent Tony a text asking him if the picture I was sending happened to be the same person, who was asking over me and could he let me know and pressed send.

Then I realised, Tony would be worried about me as I send him another text, letting him know I had spoken to Jarod and that everything was fine.

Quickly, I deleted the messages from my sent box and sent the photo of Theodora to my email before deleting from my phone. Just in case Jarod snooped.

I flushed the toilet and washed my hands to sound authentic as my phone bleeped. Tony had messaged, saying that he was pleased everything had worked out. He definitely had seen the same person in the picture I sent and was glad I knew who it was.

This didn't make any sense, Theodora was meant to be in a locked ward in a mental hospital. How was it possible Tony had seen her at my flat? I really didn't like the sound of this and there was no point in telling Jarod, as I felt a shiver run down my spine. He would say it was completely impossible, but the truth was Tony wasn't the type to make mistakes.

Emily I understood was still in hospital and not fit enough to leave. Theodora was meant to be in hospital and not allowed to leave.

So I was left with three main options:-

(1) It definitely was Theodora which seemed likely but impossible at the same time:-

(a) How could she have got out of a locked ward?

(b) How did she know where I lived?

(2) Somehow Emily had got out of hospital and somehow managed to find where I live and make an impromptu visit for appearing to be A1 although apparently not. Unlikely.

(3) It was somebody else, but if so, who on earth could it be?

Whichever way you looked at it, I was left feeling incredibly uneasy as regardless of Tony's message I didn't know for certain who, as it didn't seem feasible and I definitely didn't know why!

E2

If you liked this chapter please do vote (please hit the star) and if you have time to comment that would mean so much to me, as your feedback inspires me to keep writing and your helpful critique is greatly appreciated as I learn and grow on my journey as a writer.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author. Many thanks Kimberley S B Lieb