128 - Thankfulness

Check out the utube video...you will hear this song and just love it ...Mama said...by Lukas Graham the words are iconic....let me know your thoughts... I thought the song was very relative to this part of the story....in many ways...

Then Emily took a deep breath before she continued, "I think you need to be aware Athina, that as Jarod was known in the city as a high flyer lawyer, they ran a news bulletin on the television to see if they can get any more information."

I nodded, as my stomach churned not in hunger but sadness, "Maybe that will be a good thing. Might get some answers."

I mused as I continued, "Emily. I know there is no proof. But I really think Theodora did it. I know she is meant to be in a locked psychiatric hospital but I am telling you, she has something to do with this."

"Hey, Athina I don't think you are crazy. I wouldn't put it past her to do anything. I will ring the Police now whilst everyone comes into see you. They gave me a number earlier. They will want to come and see you shortly but one of us will stay with you. Don't worry."

"You know Emily, I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Theodora smirked at me as the doors closed on the ambulance. She looked victorious," I couldn't stop shivering at the thought.

"Emily, what was really odd, is he took a phone call before he jumped. I think she told him to jump. I think somehow she drugged him but why. There must be a reason for what happened."

"Athina, honestly I don't know the answer but I think you should tell the Police this when they take your statements and question you. You haven't done anything wrong and hopefully they will make some sense out of it and get to the bottom of it."

I nodded, "I hope so. Emily, I am not going back to that apartment to live," the thought of it made me feel sick.

"I don't think you would be allowed anyway, especially whilst the investigation is under way but I am sure we can go and get your clothes as long as we are escorted. Hey, it's not a problem anyway is it, you have your flat."

I ran my hand over the side of my temple and rubbed it slightly, "Thank god I have choices. I can't believe he has gone. It doesn't feel real."

"Yes. I can understand you feeling like that. It's been a very strange sequence of events!"

Emily took my hand and grasped it again and then I handed her my precious baby to hold.

I sighed, my body felt as though it had no strength after the birth, but all that really mattered to me now was that I had my child and that I was safe.

A nurse popped in and handed me marmalade toast and a cup of tea and it really was best toast I had ever had in my life. Never had I needed to eat so desperately and the taste of sugar been so sweet.

As Tony, Mrs Pattison and Sophia came into the room to meet the new arrival. I felt a warm glow of love towards all of them. How fortunate was I to have them all in my life.

I looked back warmly at Emily as she cradled my child, whilst I ate and was surrounded by the others who had been so anxious to make sure I was okay and meet my beautiful baby.

How amazing Emily had been there in my hour of need. I could not have asked for more from anyone.

Emily had stayed by my side encouraging me and supporting me throughout the birth. We might have met in unusual circumstances but there was no doubt I was fortunate to have such a friend. I smiled as I looked at my baby in my friend's arms. Yes, I had chosen very well indeed.

Edit 2- April 2016 (P)

.

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed...as it means my story reaches more people

.....comments & feedback greatly appreciated as it helps me make the story better and help me improve and grow as a writer.

I love to engage with my readers.   Please also let me know where in the world you hail from and what characters you liked best.

I

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author.

Many thanks for reading my work and sharing my writing journey

Feel free to check out my poems and other works...do let me know what you think, it means a lot to me to hear what you think and will help me grow as a writer.

I have dedicated this chapter to my fellow NBR member and who I am incredibly jealous of, is a triple crowner...too....bow bow bow, deep curtsy...ChayAvalerias