89 - Truth on Film

In this chapter... plays detective...

It was unclear what he said in response but he seemed to be console her just as a friend might. They carried on talking and I couldn't hear anything else for a few minutes, before they went back inside, closing the door behind them.

I tried to capture them whilst they were still in sight of the window, by holding my phone at arms length in the direction of Jarod and Theodora, through a space in the hedge, whilst still concealing myself in the tree.

My phone would only film short sequences. Intermittently, I pulled my phone out of the hedge and reset it again. I was desperate to look at what I had captured but this didn't seem the right place right here, right now.

I felt like some spy, like a 007 operative but I couldn't enjoy the under cover element of this. All I felt was sadness.

I checked my watch, it was time to leave and pick Sophia up.

I quickly made my way to the entrance, walking the opposite side to the way I had entered the grounds, hoping that my path did not cross with Jarod. He might not see through my disguise but I still didn't want him anywhere near me.

I did not relax until I was settled on the train, taking care that I took a corner seat, so that I would have a good viewpoint to catch anyone that might enter the carriage. Once the train set off, when the coast seemed clear of any unwanted intrusion, I let out a long extended sigh before I slid my hand into my bag to grasp my phone. I placed the screen before me on my lap, holding it in my left hand and utilising the apps with my right fingers.

The picture on the screen came to view, it was very clear to see Jarod appearing to calm and console her. Then they embraced each other, like lovers.

I gasped. Tears sliding down my cheeks silently.

Jarod and Theodora were both tightly locked in an embrace. This was not a one sided affair. They were engrossed with each other.

His fingers played with her hair, and he twisted the length, pulling her to him. Theodora's hair tumbled down her back, as Jarod drew her closer, his hand cupped around the side of her face and around her neck. Their kiss becoming deeper and longer. Their hands travelling over each of their bodies, showing a hunger I knew well.

My heart shattered with every second that passed, into smaller tiny pieces, as the kiss burned on between them. I had thought the way Jarod kissed with his fingers entwined in my hair, was just the way he was with me. Yet instead it seemed as though it was his standard move and our relationship had not been special to him or exclusive.

My gaze returned to the film as it played out, I could not draw myself away from the pain that deepened in disappointment as each moment passed. This was not a kiss of two people who had parted. Jarod pulled away appearing to say "No" and then Theodora laughed a throaty laugh as he then pulled her back to him and he deeply kissed her again, with no rush to stop.

Theodora then playfully pushed Jarod away and laughed, eyes danced of a woman who is secure of her man. Whilst I watched, thinking the opposite.

Just as the film started to stop, he grabbed her hand, and they went back into the building shutting the door behind them. Theodora's laugh being the last sound to be heard as the film stopped.

I let out such an anguished sob, that the other travellers on the train looked up from their seats but I cast my eyes downwards protected by my sunglasses, no one saw the tears that now silently fell, as I tactfully wiped them away in a subtle way, as if moving my glasses to a better position.

I felt such anger, such pain. How much more anguish could I take from him?

I had the proof here recorded before me. I could not kid myself any more. What delusion had I been under to think that my dreams would become reality? There was no disputing what I had seen!

He lied.

He could not be trusted.

He could not love me.

I had to protect me, the baby and Sophia and I would do whatever it took, fight for our safety if necessary.

What if Jarod and Theodora wanted to take my baby away from me?

I did not want to end up being in Emily's situation.

I would do everything in my power to help Emily and put back the wrongs in her life.

I had to do what my conscience told me was right. I needed to sleep easily at night.

The train rumbled into Liverpool Street Station. I grabbed my bag and departed the train. I wasn't sure if it was the enormity of the situation but I started to feel a little unwell. As I made my way down the platform, I entered the main concourse and headed towards the stairs to the toilets. As the nausea raised its ugly head, I started running.

I made my way through the turnstiles and as soon as I opened the door to a cubicle, I immediate threw up. I heaved, until I could no more, wiping my mouth with toilet roll. My stomach turned somersaults with all the emotions and fear wrapped around my intestines.

Slowly, with a heavy heart, I changed into my regular clothes, pulling off the headscarf, removing the trench coat and the long skirt. I slipped on my fitted jacket over my white fitted bandage tunic top in thick stretchy cotton and pulled on my black skinny jeans.

I went over to the sink and ran the water until it was cool. I washed my hands and wiped my face, then the back of my neck to freshen up. I took the bottle out of my bag and sipped some water to get rid of the sick taste and shoved it back in my bag.

As I passed the bin by the side of the basin, I threw the coat and skirt in, threw my handbag over my shoulder and with a determined mind, put one foot in front of the other.

I wasn't going to be a push over!

I wasn't the same girl anymore.

I knew what I needed to do.

L- Edit 2.1 -Jan 2017

Thank you for reading this chapter, please hit the star before you go and if you have time your comments and critique mean a lot to me and help me thrive and grow as a writer.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author.

Many thanks for reading my work and sharing my writing journey

Feel free to check out my poems and other works...do let me know what you think.

Kimberley S B Lieb

As my chapters are getting longer generally 10 -12 pages, and most people on Wattpad do much, much shorter chapters, I am posting them in two halves, to please the majority.  I do hope you enjoyed this chapter.