133 - A Refusal

"Have you followed up my questions regarding Jarod's ex Theodora? She was meant to be in a locked ward."

As I looked at him in concern, I wondered who on earth he could have been talking to if it wasn't Theodora. Why did she have such a hold on him? My head hurt so much with the thinking, I found myself rubbing my head to sooth it as my questions continued.

"Officer, Can you clarify anything for me? Have you found out anything yet?"

As I took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to keep myself calm, I could feel tears welling up behind my eyes.

"Because, I tell you this, I definitely saw her!"

At this point, Emily piped in.

"I think you should know Officer, that Theodora has done everything to avoid seeing me in Court. She was charged with GBH against me earlier this year. Theodora pleaded diminished responsibility by virtue of mental illness."

"Was she found guilty?"

"The Court case has never proceeded; she always says she is not well enough to attend. Every time a new hearing comes up she has a psychiatrist put in a report saying she is mentally ill and is still undergoing treatment. There is another Court hearing due next week."

The young man scratched the side of his head with his pencil. "Interesting. I'll look into this."

He took the pencil and chewed the end, then wrote a note on his pad and placed the pencil on top of his pad.

"I will make further enquiries. I have got a colleague already looking into where Theodora was at the time of Jarod's death and where she is now. They are dealing with that side of it, whilst I have been taking the statements."

He had crease lines in his forehead and rubbed his chin with his thumb and index finger as he concentrated, before he wrote down something further in his note book. Then with his fingers he pinged the band to close it, placing the pencil underneath.

"'ll be checking Theodora's whereabouts as a top priority!"

"Officer, I'd like to say goodbye to my fiancé can you arrange that please? Can you let me know when I can do that?"

The Officer looked incredibly uncomfortable as he stated all in a rush and somewhat suspiciously. "That won't be possible in the circumstances, I have been advised by my superiors in case that question was raised." His eyes looking downward and not meeting me once.

The Officer then incredibly hurriedly, collected his papers together, looking over the statements one last time.

"Thank you everyone for your time and passing your details to me. Athina, Emily, I will get back to you regarding Theodora Francis. Whatever, information I have good or bad!"

He nodded to us both and exited at such a speed, that Emily I looked at each other.

"That seemed a little odd. What was all that about?"

"Tell me about it. He couldn't get out of here fast enough. I got the feeling they are hiding something. It seems a little strange, it's not exactly an odd request for you to make," said Emily.

"My sentiments exactly. What on earth is going on?"

Edit 2 – April  (p) 2017

Am dedicating this chapter to my fellow NBR member @writervid

If you liked this chapter please kindly vote by clicking the star before you go and if you have the time to leave a comment or share your thoughts that would  mean a lot to me and helps my book reach more people on Wattpad by sharing.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical,photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author.

Many thanks Kimberley S B Lieb