55 - A Fog of Uneasiness (Part 3)

Jarod drove me home and as he fussed over me the whole time, acting as the perfect fiancé; to the extent I really wasn't sure if I was going ever so slightly mad or if the drink really had gone to my head.

For once, Jarod went the whole hog and made sure I was safely in my flat before driving off and had even stopped en-route with essentials for me, so I didn't have to go out, this wasn't his usual demeanor.

As I closed the door on them and I was truly alone, I breathed a sigh of relief for the sanctuary and took myself off to bed. The sleep I craved was disappointing, restless and intermittent due to throwing up. The clock revealed that I didn't wake until Sunday lunchtime.

-0-

I couldn't believe I had slept so long and my stomach really felt as though I had eaten something that had not agreed with me, rumbling like a washing machine. There were several text messages from Jarod. Asking if I was okay and what time should he come over. My eyes went like slits in horror. I didn't want to go anywhere and I didn't want to see anyone. I needed time alone. I tried to text him straight back but for some reason, I couldn't seem to focus too well, so I just put my phone back down.

Now awake, I had to time to think and gather my thoughts. I still couldn't work out if all what I could remember what a crazy dream or if some or all of it was true, with just flashes of hazy images and snatches of conversations. It made no sense at all. I didn't know what to believe or what to think. It felt as if I was slightly losing it and I was scared. I had this feeling that I was losing control of everything and I didn't like that one bit.

I sat there almost willing myself to recall everything I could but it was fruitless, I was no further forward.

Oh Emily, I am sure I would feel better if I could talk to you now. I felt sure she would somehow convince me that I really was sane, if only I was able to talk to her and silent tears slowly slid down my face.

I eased myself out of the bed, every muscle of my body still ached. I winced as I eased my buttocks off the bed and slowly stood up. I went into the bathroom and began to run a bath, the sound of the running water calming me. As my clothes fell to the floor, I caught sight of my naked back side in the full length mirror.

"Ahhhhh," I gasped, in horror. There covering my bum, were several long dark red raised welts. There was numerous bruising on my legs, my wrists and ankles although not bruised, ached greatly.

I fell to the floor in a heap, and sobbed, rocking my body backwards and forwards with arms wrapped tightly around me. Distraught and lost within my distress, the bath almost overflowed until I suddenly realised with a start that the water was starting to trickle onto me, as I turned the taps off.

Somehow, I forced myself to take deep breaths and try and control my breathing, "Athina, you need to regain control!" I told myself, just like my father taught me when I was child, when I use to panic. Then when I felt a little calmer and managed to stop myself sobbing, I cautiously, slid into the warm comforting water.

I emptied my head of all thoughts, as I submerged further into the water. I wanted to think of nothing, as I closed my eyes to the outside world and the confusion it held. I didn't want to move, so that is where I stayed, until the water went cold!

E2 - 07/10/2016

If you liked this chapter please do vote (please hit the star) and if you have time to comment that would mean so much to me, your feedback inspires me to keep writing and your helpful critique is greatly appreciated.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author. Many thanks Kimberley S B Lieb

Chapters currently updated twice a week