The Three Main Characters

This was prepared in  for the Wattpad Block Party.....hosted by KellyAnneBlount  please do check it out here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/93341338-wattpad-block-party-winter-edition-iii

..........................................................

The Main Characters of the Book – Someone Hiding in the Shadows

-0- JAROD -0-

So what do we think about Jarod?

Do we like him?

Do we hate him?

Can we work out why he acts the way he does?

To me, I wanted an undercurrent. I didn't want the reader to know everything. I wanted more information to be revealed in book 2.

Why? Because there is more to Jarod than meets the eye, in my mind.

His mother has more influence than we first realise.

His life has not turned out how he initially planned. He has an ex-wife who controls him due to his child Sophia whose origins turn out to not be as straight forward as first seemed.

So what made Jarod so desperate to have a child? I felt he never had a good childhood and is utterly desperate to recreate what he had never had. But its just out of his grasp and the reason for this is not quite clear yet but it will be eventually.

So don't hate him too much as there is always more if he scratch just below the surface. On reflection, sometimes things are not exactly how they appear.

Some of his actions were born out of a complete act of utter desperation to escape to a better life out of the clutches to those who controlled his life and were suffocating him.

I wondered if I was so driven to escape a life I currently lived, what would I be prepared to do if I could see that ticket to freedom in my sight. Would I consider doing the un-imaginable? I guess it would depend how desperate I was.

Jarod has as more secrets that Athina, we just have not realised that yet. We are unsure of the company he keeps.

-0- EMILY -0-

She is vulnerable and has suffered horrendous post natal depression that veered on the side of a nervous breakdown.

Do we trust Emily?

She is so utterly desperate to get her child back – she might be lying to Athina to do this?

Yet there is a strange connection that both of the feel the moment they meet that neither of them can explain that makes them both feel a deep friendship for each other. My reasoning for this was that my close friends are more like family and that doesn't happen with everyone we meet but being an only child, sometimes friendships are more enduring and important than when you have siblings.

This unexplained feeling of both Emily and Athina that neither can explain will be discovered in book 3.

-0- ATHINA -0-

I wanted Athina to be really alone. To have Jarod completely abuse that and enjoy that she completely relies on him. However, as time goes by we see a new Athina emerge who has courage, strength and purpose in her life.

As time passes, Athina realises regardless of the fact she has a deep love for Jarod she knows that it is unlikely she will remain with him. She is desperate to be proved wrong and yet in her heart she knows he keeps secrets from her that do not add up.

She also feels that it was wrong for Jarod and Theodora to take advantage of Emily's post natal depression and take Sophia, Emily's child for themselves. Athina needs to decide if Emily is telling the truth or not.

Athina cannot dispute the fact that it cannot be healthy or good if she believes Emily who initially is a stranger over the love of her fiancé – that alone is a flag that cannot be ignored.

So Athina feels she has no option but to be cunning, after her circumstances change. With the realisation that she must do all she can to be financially secure. The feeling keeps getting stronger that Jarod is hiding something or someone from Athina.

I would love to hear from you, does this entice you check the book out - I would love to know.  Those who have read the book, did you like these insights.

Thank you everyone old and new who continues to support me in my writing journey as I learn every day.  I am forever grateful and thankful.  Deep thanks.  Kimberley S B Lieb