42- The Whole Truth?

My eyes consumed the words processing every little detail. As I suspected, my Emily must be Sophia's mother. What other scenario could it be? Someone was not telling me the whole truth. A sigh escaped my lips as I logged out of Wattpad and put my phone down on the sofa beside me.

My body sank deeper into the cushions and the need to cry felt overpowering. I don't know if it was relief to hear from her and the knowledge my questions should be answered; or the feeling I had no control. It felt as though someone else was driving and I was in the passenger seat of life.

Every time I had tried to talk to Jarod, he fobbed me off. His stock answer was he had enough to deal with at the moment, appreciated my help and couldn't have managed without me. Jarod would then look at me with those soul searching eyes, one arm grabbing me round the waist drawing me to him and then with the other hand, spreading his fingers through my hair. Languidly Jarod would clasp my neck and head as he pulled me close; kissing me long and hard until, time had stopped within his embrace. My questions would then be forgotten, as Jarod drove me crazy with desire; whereupon I would then wake in the morning to see our clothes strewn upon the bedroom floor.

He had this amazing magnetism that with one touch, one kiss; had me within his spell. Jarod knew he could control me this way and it irritated that he had this power over me and I could not resist him.

Yesterday, Jarod yet again pressurised me to have a baby. I remembered him saying something along the lines "Look, Athina, it makes sense to think about this. I know you wanted children in the future, but practically it could work since you have moved in. With you working reduced hours to help me with Sophia, it wouldn't be a great leap to have another child. It would be good for Sophia to have a sibling so they could play together". He was trying to wear me down but I wasn't haven't any of it and stood my ground.

I wanted the white wedding with all the bells and whistles before that happened. To be honest, I was an old fashioned girl. Although I was estranged from my family, I still craved the approval from them at some point. It meant a lot that I would still have their approval in my life choices and partner.

It was weird in all the circumstances, why was it still so important, since I hadn't spoken to my father for some time. I guess, we are shaped by the lives we have lived.

Recently, over the last few days I had found my contraceptive tablets were going missing. I would put them down in one place and they would reappear in another and I thought I was going a little crazy. It was as if Jarod had secret antennae. Just as I was about to speak to him about it, he would have to make a phone call or Sophia would need attending to. It happened too many times for it to be a coincidence; fortunately I always had a spare packet to fall back on.

The one time I had discussed it with him, he looked anxious and said I must put them somewhere safe as he thought maybe Sophia had picked them up thinking they were sweets and he suggested I put them in the bathroom cabinet which seemed a good idea, then we both knew where they were and he could remind me to take them. The fact he had taken me seriously allayed my fears, but it was odd as I couldn't see Sophia taking things out of my handbag.

I went to the bathroom and I opened the mirrored cabinet. There on the top shelf the tablets were still there and felt my body relax. Sophia couldn't reach these. They had remained there all week without going missing once for a change. Maybe I shouldn't have thought of Jarod in such a bad light after all.

In fact Jarod had reminded me every night to take my tablets, so it seemed he had listened after all; which was somewhat of a relief as I was adamant I didn't want a to get pregnant right now.

Edit 4- 27-3-2018

The reason I added this song is that the singer  is tortured with her love and to me Athina is as well.  I love the passion and depth of emotion  in this song.

I have become obsessed with the songs, since my friend ShaunAllan suggested  my daughter and I  go and see the film and we loved it.  Do go and see the film its fab.  Glorious and  uplifting.

If you liked this chapter please do vote (please hit the star) and if you have time to comment that would mean so much to me, your feedback inspires me to keep writing and your helpful critique is greatly appreciated.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author. Many thanks Kimberley S B Lieb