134 - Theodora

"Whatever is the situation, I won't rest until I know where that woman is?" Said Emily in a stricken voice.

A deep sigh, escaped my parched lips. The whole situation lay on my shoulders like a heavy burden, hoping that truth when discovered would lighten the load somewhat.

"You will be coming back with us, when you get out of here , won't you Athina?"

"I don't fancy going back to the apartment for sure! I think it's odd they won't let say goodbye to Jarod though?" I said to Emily.

"Maybe it's for the best eh? There could be lots of reasons, it's probably best not to dwell on it. You need to focus on the baby. That's who is in important now," said Emily softly.

I shivered at possible reasons and forced myself to think of other things. My mind turned to the care of Sophia, whilst I was in hospital.

"Emily, you will look after Sophia for me won't you, at least until we have worked everything out and she knows the truth?"

"You don't need to ask that, of course I will, who else would you ask? Tony and I will look after her and both of you. Goes without saying."

"Phew, that's a great weight off my mind; I just didn't want to take it for granted at this point."

"Our situation is a bit different here isn't it?" She said being diplomatic with Sophia in ear shot. "Who else would look after her? I would like to think our friendship goes deeper than most?"

She held my hand in hers in a symbolic way whilst she put her other arm round me to comfort and reassure me.

Sophia tried to snuggle up to me and the baby. She gazed at the baby in wonder. Fascinated by how small she was and all the noises she made. She put finger out to the baby and was delighted when the baby held on to her finger, wrapping its own round hers and not letting go.

"Athina. She's so tiny. What's her name?"

"I don't know darling, we will all have to put our thinking caps on."

Tony moved forward.

"Well you know I have an idea. Why don't you ask all of us to come up with some names? All the ones you like we can put in a hat and then you can pick one out," said Tony.

"It's not a bad idea," I said, as I considered it, "Seems a novel way to choose a name!"

Mrs Pattison gave an expression that said she did not completely approve. Yet at the same time you could also see she loved the thought that the baby could be called by a name chosen by her. Her face morphed into different shapes, whilst her thinking cap was applied.

Emily's mobile trilled. It changed the whole atmosphere of the room that had grown a little lighter. Tension began filling the room again as all we heard were ums and sighs, as her face became more and more anxious with every second that passed.

We sat there watching her face, in complete silence, wanting to know what she knew. Knowing whatever it was, it didn't sound good!

As soon as she finished the call, we were on the edge, dying to know the details, asking what had happened.

"It's not good at all!" said Emily, as she let out a deep sigh, hesitating before she turned to me.

"Apparently, Theodora said she was unwell this morning. She wanted to stay in bed and alone. The next time someone checked on her, they found she gone!"

Emily pushed her hair behind her ear and chewed on her thumb, as she continued, "The Police are checking now with the hospital, to see how she could have avoided security and the cameras."

"So where is she?" I asked, my eyes widening in panic.

"They don't know where she is! It's also looking like she met Jarod today."

Edit 2 April 2017 (P)

If you liked this chapter please kindly vote by clicking the star before you go and if you have the time to leave a comment or share your thoughts that would mean a lot to me and helps my book reach more people on Wattpad by sharing.

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical,photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author.

Many thanks Kimberley S B Lieb