72 - Telling Jarod (Part Five)

I found Jarod on the sofa, outstretched lying back with his feet on the coffee table. He had poured two glasses of wine and as he saw me come in handed me a glass.

"Oh, no thank you, I don't fancy wine?"

He looked quizzically at me, as although not a big drinker, it wasn't like me to turn down a glass. As I sat down beside him he knew something was up.

"What's on your mind?" Jarod asked worriedly as he grasped my hand and his tired eyes looked into mine searchingly. I sighed and hesitated as I looked away from him.

"Whatever it is, just say it, surely it can't be that bad?"

I looked back at him, and just spat it out, "It depends on which way you look at it!"

His eyebrows rose at me in confusion.

"Jarod I'm pregnant".

His whole face came alive. A small smile filled his face as he asked, "Are you sure?" and my eyes met him as I said quietly, "Oh Jarod. I'm sure."

I sobbed as I carried on, "I've done about 10 tests! They all have 2 each in them. I've done them all! They all say pregnant! The pharmacist said they are very accurate these days. I think we can say it's pretty certain, that I must be pregnant."

I let out a deep sob, as I started crying, at the same time as I let go of his hand and pushed myself back into the softness of the sofa.

"Well" said Jarod, as he moved close to me and retook my hand and kissed me.

He spoke so calmly and softly as kept holding my handing and stroking the top of my hand with his thumb as if to soothe me.

"Okay, the timing is not idea, as the divorce hasn't come through yet, I know you wanted to get married first but sometimes life doesn't go to plan, but I love children, I love you, I don't see it as a disaster. We will work round it. I have the money to support us. There is no need to worry Athina. It just means things will happen slightly earlier or in a different order than we planned them to. Life is like that sometimes. Life doesn't always go to plan," and he wiped away my tears with his other hand.

"I'm not ready for children yet Jarod," he looked at me.

He spoke a little firmer but with still with softness. "Who is?" and he looked at me questionably, "are you trying to tell me something different Athina, as I don't like your intimation".

"Look, we are going to have this child Athina. Life is precious and I will do everything to support you and our baby. I love you; there is no need to worry about anything. We are already engaged and we will get married as soon as the divorce is finalised. Obviously, I will have to sort out legal matters to make sure you are always provided for, now that there is a baby on the way and Sophia to consider, it makes sense to bring that forward."

He took a large gulp of wine as he turned to me, when I remained silent and said very forcefully, staring at me an icy hardness in his eyes, glaring at me.

"Don't even try to tell me, you were considering not having our baby Athina, as that is not going to happen!" and he slammed the glass of wine on the table and starred at me, pulling his hand away from me.

The room felt suddenly icy cold.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please kindly vote and comment, as this helps me know what I have done right and wrong and will help with any revisions needed. It means so much to me when I get feedback from you - it brightens my day.

Kimberley S B Lieb (aka wrightstory)