The best thing I'll ever do for you ❤️ Vinny

I woke up to a beautiful morning rain pouring down and splattering in melody to the street in front of my home.
Before I could even get up to brush my teeth, my doorbell rang it's tube letting the whole house know that we had an visitor and since I didn't hear anyone chiming that they would get it, I got up to attend to it myself.

"Hey love."My boyfriend says his voice not as cherry as usual
"Hi." I smile hugging him about to pull him inside and out of the rain, but he resists and thats when I notice the deep pain written all over his face.
"Why aren't you coming inside silly?" My voice asks sounding concerned
"Because if I do, I'll fall even more in love with you and I won't do what I came here to do." He answers and my eyebrows crinkle at his words
"Vinny wh-"
"I came here to break up with you." He says
His words knock all of the air out of my chest and my knees buckle and give from underneath me and I sit on my calfs and my head falls into my head as I let out a sob
"Y/N please hear me out." He says sitting down and pulling me into his arms

"I can't give you everything that you deserve. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I've never come across a human being as breathe taking as you, I could search the whole earth and not find a human being as great as you. You need someone that can complete you and be as great as you are to me to you and I am not that person. I could try all my life and I wouldn't be enough Y/N. I've known that you were too good for me from the start and selfishly I still fell for you but now I'm letting you go." He says kissing my temple before letting me go and stepping back out into the rain.

I quickly get up and follow him out, grabbing hold of his wrist, desperate for him to break out into his beautiful laugh and say that he was just trying to wake me up. The rain soon soaked through my t-shirt and shorts and fell onto my skin, cold flowing into my bones.
"Vinny please don't, I'm so hopelessly in love with you, there's nothing I can do. Even if I found someone better it would do me no good because all I can do is fall endlessly in love with your smile and the way you look when you cry and the poetic things you say and how you look with your glasses on and the way you dance with me. I can't love anyone else, you have taken up all the love that my heart can supply." I plead

"You will learn to love again Y/N and when you find the one that completes you it will be so much stronger, you have no idea." He says not looking at me

"There's no one else for me Vinny." You say breaking into sobs again and he shakes his wrist out of your hand tears streaming down his face or maybe it's the rain. He gives you a soft but bitter smile.
"Setting you free is the best thing that I will ever do for you in this life time." Vinny replies before walking towards his car and leaving me soaked, in my driveway

I loved Vinny Castronovo with all of heart and I'd never another like that. He was my first love and he taught me what it was like not to fall in love someone, that you lived a bit differently. That you really did smile like an idiot at the thought of them. That the sky was bluer and the days mushed together and months felt like days and even on your worst days just getting to see them or talk to them made them alright. He also taught me how to love myself, how to adore my laugh and not care what the mirror looked like cause he thought I was wonderful and to appreciate the person I was and everything that made me, me. Nobody could replace that and I guess I'd just spend the rest of my life waiting until he realizes that.