Love Slow || Jason

If you wanna go, go fast
If you're gonna lie to me, just say that
If you wanna leave, then say so
But if you wanna love, love slow - Jacob Whitesides

His face doesn't light up when he sees me anymore. He doesn't squeeze my hand when he holds it. He doesn't call at 2am when he can't sleep. He doesn't get overly jealous of my guy friends. He doesn't invite me literally everywhere just to have an excuse to see me.

Yes, we've been dating for a while, but the feeling of being in love shouldn't change right?

"You okay?" He asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh yeah. I'm good." I say and he nods, turning back to the movie we're watching. We both know I'm lying, and he used to always make me vent to him.

"I think I'm gonna go." I say about to stand up, but he just pulls me closer.

"You sure you're okay?" He asks, but concern is nowhere to be seen in his eyes.

"I think the better question is are we okay Jason?" I ask and his eyes dim.

"I mean, yeah we're good."

"Say it Jason. Whatever you're not saying, just say it" I demand, getting up from his embrace and standing over him.

"It's nothing Y/N, it's just...idk. I'm feeling like we rushed into things. Things are just different now." He sighs, meeting me at eye level. He tries to pull be closer to him, but I rio my arm out of his grasps

"Different? The only thing that's been different is how you're acting." I reply

"You know I didn't mean it like that." He defended

"Well I do know that I don't like this. If you wanna leave me, do it. If you wanna fight for me, let me know, but I don't do lukewarm Jason and you know that-" He cuts me off with his lips, his arms slip around my waist as he gives me the first actual kiss we've had in a week.

"I think that's one of the reasons that I love you. You never let anything be lukewarm." He sighs when we break

"You still love me?" I ask as light tears roll down my face and he pulls me into his chest.

"Of course I do. Always" he answers and I sigh in content.

"I'm glad you're still mine." I say and he chuckles

"And I'm glad you're still hot when you're mad"