You Make Me Strong-Mikey

Your P.O.V

I sit and listen as my parents scream at each other. I push my books off my bed I can't do my homework with them yelling and slamming doors anyway. This is the first time I've seen my dad in years and of course my parents have to argue like before.
I grab my phone and headphones and walk to my closet and close the door behind me putting my headphones in trying to block out the sound of them yelling. Tears start streaming down my face. A few minutes later Mikey calls me.
"Hey babe what's up?" he asked
"Oh nothing homework" I said trying to make my voice sound like I haven't been crying. It didn't work because he said.
"Why are you crying , is everything okay?" he sounded worried
" Yeah just my dad came around to say hi and their arguing again" I said sighing.
" I'll be there in a minute" he said hanging up before I had the chance to protest.
Ten minutes later he was at my window thank god I'm on the first floor. I went over and opened it.
"Come on!" he said motioning me to come out.
"Are you kidding Mikey? my mom will kill me" I said shaking my head.
" From the sounds of it she won't notice" he said pulling me out of my room into the early May air.

He took my hand and pulled me along as I explained how the fighting started and why my dad showed up after five years in the first place. Soon he changed the subject and started talking about his day with the boys and the album and how much fun were gonna have in his home state Jersey in the beginning of summer and the tour later in summer. And then we got lost in conversations of the future , all our plans, all our dreams.

I gripped his hand tighter.

"I'm sorry if I say, "I need you. But I don't care,I'm not scared of love.
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker.Is that so wrong?,That you make me strong?" I said slowly

" You make me strong" Mikey repeated back to me.

He kissed me before pulling me closer.

"I love you princess" he said
"I love you Mikey" I said back

"I should get back before my mom notices" I said getting sad again. He noticed because he lifted up my chin and said

"Who cares if you don't show up until twelve am tomorrow? Who cares if you skip school tomorrow? You're only young for so long" he said pulling me along.

This is why he makes me strong.