twenty-four:

When I was a kid I pictured my wedding as simple and solemn. I don't want an extravagant wedding.Attended by only the most important people in my life--my mom, my dad, my brother, Madj, and my husband-to-be's family and friends. I wanted it to be intimate and traditional. And, of course, I wanted to marry the person I love wholeheartedly.

I imagined myself walking down the aisle with a big smile and  with tears streaming down my face because of too much joy. My husband-to-be waiting almost impatiently at the end of the aisle to marry me.  Yet, here I am feeling like the world is punishing me. Tears streaming down my face not because of joy but sadness. Having my most dreaded moment and walking down the aisle with a very heavy heart.

The wedding wasn't held in a church, instead it was held in a five-star hotel owned by Tristan's family with a lot of unfamiliar faces present. Cameras can be seen wherever you look at--each coming from a different TV network. Different business tycoons and personalities are being interviewed for attending what they tagged as "The Wedding of the Century".

Yes, I am getting married and it is very far from what I imagined and wanted it to be. It is not simple, it is not solemn, neither it is intimate nor traditional. My family isn't here, Madj isn't here, and the people present are all strangers to me. This is a wedding made for a different person, yet it is I who's gonna say 'I do'.

Sinalubong ako ni Tristan na may malapad na ngiti sa kanyang mga labi pero agad din iyong nabura nang makita n'ya ang mga luhang walang humpay na umaagos sa mga mata ko. Agad s'yang nag-iwas ng tingin sa akin tsaka s'ya bumaling sa mga taong nanunuod at ngumiti.

Inilahad n'ya ang braso n'ya sa akin na nag-aalangan ko namang tinanggap, "Promise me that you'll fix everything after I say I do." Mahinang paghingi ko sa kanya.

He did not speak and just nodded.

The ceremony was short, or maybe it wasn't, I can't really tell dahil lutang lang akong nakatulala buong seremonya. Nabalik na lang ako sa katinuan nang hawakan ni Tristan ang kamay ko para suotan ng singsing at para sumagot ng, "I do".

And just like that my fate to be Mrs. Tristan Gallego was sealed. I am now married to him and no matter what I do, there's no way out.

-----------------------------------------------

limalec: 120 votes and 50 comments po.