thirty-seven:

I don't know what to do at parang naestatwa na lang ako sa kinatatayuan. I'm not ready for this, and I don't think I'll ever be ready for this. Hindi ko alam kung ano bang dapat kong maramdaman pero nanguna sa akin ang takot at kaba.

Napatingin ako kay Tristan at kita ko ang gulat na sa mukha n'ya. Sa sobrang pagkagulat ko ay nawala na sa isip ko kung anong nararamdaman n'ya. He's probably feeling hundreds of emotions right now. Masyado ng matagal nang huli silang nagkita na kung tutuusin ay parang hindi na sila nag-eexist sa mundo ni Tristan tapos ay bigla na lang silang susulpot sa bagong bahay na binili ni Tristan para sa amin.

I know Tristan bought this house not only for me but also for him. Alam ko na may parte sa kanya na gusto ding ibaon sa limot ang masalimuot n'yang nakaraan sa malaki ngunit malungkot n'yang mansyon.

I suddenly forgot what I felt earlier when I saw his parents in this new home, and worry immediately took over me. Pag-aalala para kay Tristan at sa nararamdaman n'ya. Pilit kong iniisip kung ano ang posible kong maramdaman kung makita ko ang magulang kong matagal ko ng hindi nakita at matagal na akong kinalimutan, pero alam kong walang kahit anong salita ang sasapat para maihalintulad sa naglalarong damdamin kay Tristan.

Naramdaman ko ang pagkurot ng kung ano sa aking dibdib at hinayaan ko na pangunahan ako ng nararamdaman ko. He needs me. He needs me to stay with him and face this together. This will possibly the biggest obstacle he'll face in his life at kailangan n'ya ng makakasama sa pagharap dito.

His parents are his biggest nightmare, and I'm willing to help him ward this nightmare of his. He've already been through a lot, but this time I'll be with him because I know how much his family damaged this man beside me already and I don't want them to inflict any further damage to him.

I held his hand and squeezed it tight, assuring him that I'll be by his side.

Dumapo ang mga mata ng mama n'ya sa magkahawak naming kamay at agad na tumaas ang kilay nito, ngunit hindi ako natinag at mas hinigpitan ko lang ang pagkakawahak sa kay ni Tristan.

"What are you doing here?" Tristan's voice was shaky when he asked.

His mom's eyebrow raised a little more, "Why? Are we not allowed to visit our only child?" Mataray at diretsong sagot ng babae sa harap namin.

"Funny how I became the only child because you opted to kill my only sister." He spit out, then he laughed sarcastically, "And by the way, just to answer your stupid question, well you're allowed but I'd rather not see your faces ever again. So if I were you, I'd leave and and never yo back ever again. My parents abandoned me a long time ago and I dont need them to go back and mess up with my life just because they feel like doing it."

His father stood up, nose flaring with anger, "Tr-- Bennette..." He shouted obviously confused on what to call his son.

Tristan smirked beside me, "You don't even know what to call me Mr. Galliego." He emphasized his father's last name in sarcasm.

"YOU! That's not how you should speak to the parents who created you and gave you all the riches in life. You might be forgetting something, without us you are nothing little kid, remember that."

Suminghal si Tristan sa tabi ko dahil sa sinabi ng papa n'ya, "Well, without me you won't have any heir to inherit all your stupid riches and will continue your disgraceful name, so you should thank me for being here."

"You disrespectful brat!" Sigaw ng papa n'ya kasabay ng mabilid nitong paglalakad papunta sa amin at ang pagbubuhat nito ng kamay kay Tristan.

My instinct took over at agad akong humarang kay Tristan. I took tge blow at sa sobrang lakas nun ay naramdaman ko ang pag-ikot ng paningin ko. It was a strong blow and it made me dizzy.

Natulala ang papa n'ya sa ginawa ko at agad akong inalalayan ni Tristan sa muntikan ko ng pagkakatumba, "Are you okay?" He worriedly asked.

Sinubukan kong tumango pero hindi ko nagawa dahil sa sobrang hilo.

He raised his head towards his parents, his eyes blazing with anger as he clench his jaw, "Get out! Get out of my house and never come back." He was grounding his teeth at madiin ang pagkakasabi n'ya, "Wala kayong karapatan na bumalik dito at saktan ang asawa ko! Leave, or I'll call the police to drag you out of our house!"

Gulat ang rumehistro sa mukha ng mga magulang n'ya bago nag-alab ang galit sa mga mata ng mama n'ya, "You're being like this because of that gold-digger bitch? I did not raise you like this... Where's--"

Tristan cut her off, "You did not raise me at all so never ever wonder why I became like this. Why I fell to a woman I'd very much rather be with than you, who know nothing but abandon me because of money. She may not be rich, but she's not selfish like you and I love her. So. Damn. Much."

His mom was seething with anger when she took a step towards us, "Mark my words, I'll break you two apart—that's the reason why we came back here. Hindi ako papayag na mabahiran ng isang putik na kagaya n'ya ang pangalan natin."

Tristan sarcastically laughed at his mother, "Try me. You think I'll let her go just because of you?  You are damn wrong, because I'll never let her go. I've been to hell and back to get her and nobody—not even someone like you—can break us apart. I won't let you. Try and you'll lose everything. Believe me, I'm not scared of you and I won't back out. You may be used to getting what you want using your money and power, but tell you what, I learned from the best." Then he smirked at his mother.

His mother gasped at his words pero hindi natinag si Tristan, "I'll just tuck Jer into bed and I when I get back I don't want to see you here. So better leave now."

Tapos ay inakyat na ako ni Tristan sa kwarto na tingin ko ay amin.

"Good night. Sleep tight, my Jeraldine." He said after he tucked me to bed and kissed my forehead.