thirty-nine:

His mom looked at us with so much disgust, but I barely pay attention because the woman behind her already has my full attention. Even, Tristan's wide eyes and shocked face didn't faze me.

Fritzie's here. My biggest nightmare is here. And somehow, coldness crawled down my spine making me shiver. Fritzie, the woman who can take everything with just a snap of her finger. The woman who can make me feel like nothing. The woman who can destroy everything that I've tried to build in the last few years. The  woman who can take Tristan away from me with just a clap of her hands.

The woman whom Tristan repeatedly chose over me. She's here.

She still looks as innocent as an angel and as beautiful as a goddess. Nothing has changed, she's still the perfect woman who I can't compare to. The perfect woman for Tristan. And somehow, I thanked God that nothing more than a kiss happened between Tristan and I or I'll surely regret it later on.

Tristan's metal grip on my arm brought my attention to him. He was seething with anger and all of it is directed to his mother, "WHAT. THE. FUCKING. HELL. ARE YOU DOING?!" 

His mom flinched but in a split second she was able to hide that pretty well, "I told you, right? I will do everything to break you two apart." She stopped then stared at the both pf us as if proving her point, "This girl is no good for you. No good for our family name. She is a nobody." Then, she looked at me from head to toe in disgust, "What's good for you is a woman like Fritzie. Rich, powerful, and influential. just like us."

Tristan looked at her full of disgust, "You want her?" He asked without waiting for an answer, "Then, you marry her, because I will not marry any other girl if it's not wife. Now, leave before I personally drag you out of my house." He said with gritted teeth.

I saw him glanced at Fritzie, but he acted as if he saw nothing.

His mother glared at him, "You'll marry Fritzie, that's an order you need to follow." She venomously reiterated.

He scoffed before he smiled sarcastically, "Just so you know, mother, I'm already married while you are away, busy with whatever you are doing." 

It was his mother's turn to smirk, "Than can be easily fixed, I'll ask Mike to file the annulment now and the day won't end without them announcing that your marriage was null and void." She said evilly.

Tristan glared at her, "Try. Try my dear mother and I'll make sure that you'll lose everything."

His mother wasn't fazed even a bit. She pulled her phone out of her purse and pressed something on it. It was less than a second when she started speaking, "Make my son and his gold-digger of a woman's marriage null and void. TODAY." She emphasized while looking straight at us waiting for our reaction.

Tristan did not back down from the woman's stare and waited until her mom's conversation over the phone is over. He then took his phone and called somebody, not a second passed and he started speaking, "Pull out all of our shares from the companies the Galliegos are affiliated with. Make sure that they go bankrupt within the next five minutes." He was staring at his mom the whole time he was saying that. 

His mom gasped in shock, obviously not believing what's happening until her phone rang continuously. She answered it with shaking hands, and she gasped once again when she heard what was said on the other line. She stared wide-eyed at Tristan, "You--you didn't..." Not only her voice was shaking when she said that but also her whole body.

I got scared for one second, but Tristan just smirked at her, "Yes, I did." He proudly said, "As they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I learned from the best. You trained me very well, mom." He sarcastically said.

He dragged me away  and I saw how he looked at Fritzie one last time--but this time with disgust.

I was letting him drag me but Fritzie's tears did not escape my eyes. She's crying. I looked at Tristan once again but he didn't seem to mind. Like he didn't even care about her.

We stopped at a local park before he let me go. He walked around in circles before he pulled his phone from his pocket, "Make sure my marriage will never be touched by anyone. That's an order you'd have to strictly follow or your whole family will lose their job."

I lost my temper with the way he threatens innocent people and I can't help but lash out on him, "Jerk! What the hell do you think you're doing?! Nandadamay ka ng mga inosenteng tao. Since when did you become this cruel? HUH?!" 

He was surprised with my outburst pero hindi n'ya ako inurungan, "I'm willing to sell my soul to the devil if it's you who is at stake. And I very well know that if this marriage becomes null and avoid, I will forever lose you. So, yeah, I can be the worst person in this earth if it means saving what we have. Nagsisimula pa lang tayo, ni hindi ko pa napapatunayan kung gaano kita kamahal. Hindi pa ko handa na mawala ka sa akin at sa sigurado ako na kahit kailan ay hindi ako magiging handa."