Chapter 38

(3rd PoV)
"What's wrong with her?" Laxus asked as he pointed at (Y/ N).

She was shaking forcefully and her face was pale.

Natsu and the rest of Team Natsu whipped their heads at (Y/ N).

"Dovey!" Natsu said as he got out of Laxus's grip and grabbed (Y/ N) by her shoulders.

"What's wrong Dovey?!"

"L-Lightning.." (Y/N) stuttered out.

Natsu's eyes widened as he remembered (Y/ N)'s fear.

"Laxus, dim out your lightning." Erza said sternly.

Laxus nodded and did what Erza said.

"We completely forgot that she was afraid of lightning." Lucy groaned.

"Why is she afraid of it?" Laxus asked.

Erza, Gray, Lucy, and Wendy all shrugged. "We don't know. Natsu is the only one that knows." Gray said.

------------------------

(Natsu's PoV)
'I'm so stupid! How did I forget Dovey's fear of lightning?!'

"Dovey, it's alright. Laxus isn't going to hurt you. You're fine Dovey." I said as I looked at (Y/N) in the eyes.

(Y/N)'s eyes filled with tears as she started to shake harder.

I immediately engulfed her in a hug. I felt her wrap her arms around me as she buried her face in my chest, near my shoulder.

"I'm going to take her home. Let's go Happy." I said as I picked up (Y/N), making her wrap her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck.

"Aye sir..!" Happy said as we walked out of the guild.

It was already dark when we stepped outside, walking in the direction of (Y/N)'s house.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Happy asked as he flew close to (Y/N).

I felt (Y/N) nod.

A lot of townspeople waved at me, and smiled as they saw me carrying (Y/N).

I ignored their looks and continued to walk to (Y/N)'s house.

As I got to the front door, I stopped. "Do you have a key Dovey?" I asked.

"It's already unlocked.." I heard her say.

My eyes widened as I turned the doorknob and stepped inside the house, only to be greeted by 3 dogs and 2 cats.

"I have them to guard the house, remember?" (Y/N) said as I closed the door after Happy flew in.

"Jope! Glace! I'm back!" Happy said as he flew to the two cats, who meowed at him and went off somewhere in the house. Happy followed him.

I then heard (Y/N) yawn.

'She must be tired. Crying always wears her out.'

"Do you want me to take you up to your room?" I asked. She nodded.

I walked past the dogs and headed up the stairs.

I then opened the door to (Y/N)'s room and closed it. I set her down on her bed and took off her shoes and socks.

I put the covers over her and looked at her. "You should get some sleep." I suggested.

(Y/N) nodded and I headed for the door.

"Natsu wait." I heard (Y/N) say. I stopped and turned around.

"Hm?"

"Please stay.. Sleep next to me.." (Y/N) said as I saw a light blush on her face.

I chuckled, "I'm was going to do that anyways, Dovey. I was just going to take a shower."

"Oh okay." (Y/N) said as she smiled.

I nodded and headed out her room and closed the door.

I stood at the top of the stairs and cupped my mouth, "Happy, we're staying here tonight!"

"Yay!" I heard him yell. I chuckled and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

-------------------

After I took a shower, I dried off and wrapped my lower body with a towel.

I put up my vest and smelled it. I gagged and dropped it in the laundry basket.

'Dang that smells horrible. I really need to wash my clothes..'

I looked around and sighed, 'Dovey must have some clothes for me since I always leave them here after I take a shower.'

I stepped out of the bathroom and headed to (Y/N)'s room. I opened the door, stepped inside, and closed the door.

"Hey Dovey." I said.

"Hm?" I heard her say as she rolled over to face me. Her face flushed as she looked away from me. I chuckled.

"Do you have any extra clothes for me?" I asked. She nodded and pointed to a drawer next to her bed.

I nodded and went over to the drawer and pulled out some clothes.

"Be right back." I said as I headed to the bathroom in (Y/N)'s room.

(Your PoV)
'Gosh, how am I still not used to seeing Natsu without a shirt on?! He wear an open vest sometimes!'

I shook my head and sat up.

'Natsu is never going to have feelings for me. He made that very clear when he rejected me..'

"I can't hold this back anymore.." I whispered.

"Hold back what Dovey?" I head Natsu ask as he stepped out of the bathroom.

In only boxers.