Chapter 40

(3rd PoV)
"Hmm, this seems like a good job.. And it's close by.." (Y/N) said as she read the job flyer.

"Stop talking to yourself, it's weird." Gray said as he walked up to (Y/N).

"Shut it Snowman." (Y/N) said as she glanced at Gray.

"What did-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. I'm not Natsu so don't even call me a name. Plus, I'm sure you wouldn't want to get your butt kicked by a girl that was 10 the last time you saw her and that is now one of the strongest wizards in Fairy Tail. Oh and that is an S-Class wizard." (Y/N) said as she held up a hand, stopping Gray.

Gray mumbled something under his breath, "Whatever."

"Going on a job?" He asked.

(Y/N) nodded.

"I can go with you if you want." Gray offered.

(Y/N) shook her head, "Nah, but thanks. Make sure Natsu doesn't follow me. You know how he is."

"Alright. Be careful." Gray said as he ruffled (Y/N)'s hair and walked off, avoiding Juvia.

"Love-rival.."

(Y/N) ignored Juvia and walked over to Mira, telling her that she was taking the job.

"Thanks Mira. I'll be back soon." (Y/N) said as she grinned and adjusted her messenger bag. Mira nodded and went back to work.

(Y/N) walked towards the table where Team Natsu was sitting at and stopped at the table.

"I'm going on a job alone. I'll be back soon." She said.

"I'll go with you." Natsu said as he began to stand up.

"No Natsu." (Y/N) said sternly, making Natsu sit back down.

"I'm going on this job alone. Don't cause too much trouble." (Y/N) said as she flashed a smile.

They all nodded while Natsu frowned.

"Don't get hurt Dovey." He mumbled.

"Yeah yeah I know. See you guys later." (Y/N) said as she waved and walked off.

As (Y/N) approached the guild doors, she stopped and turned around to look back at Natsu.

What she saw broke her heart.

Lucy had her head resting on Natsu's shoulder and Natsu didn't seem to mind.

A shadow casted over (Y/N)'s eyes as she turned back around and walked out of the guild, to the train station.

"I have to move on.."

-----------------------------

(Your PoV)
I boarded the train and sat down in a booth. I sat near the window.

As I was waiting for everyone to board the train, I looked out the window and something- no. More like someone caught my eye.

'Dang, he's cute.'

There buying his train ticket, was a boy. He was tall, had dark grey eyes, and shortish-longish black hair. His bangs were all over his forehead.

He was wearing a grey hoodie, but I could see that he was wearing a black shirt under it. He had blue denim jeans and was wearing grey converses.

'He must really like grey..'

I watched as he took his ticket and walked towards the train where I was in.