Chapter 60

(3rd PoV)
"Natsu." (Y/N) said once she saw who was in her room.

Natsu was looking around her room and smiling at a few pictures.

"You still have this picture that Mira secretly took of us." He said with a chuckled.

(Y/N) nodded as she walked into her room.

"You already cut your hair?" She asked as she walked towards Natsu.

Natsu nodded with a grin, "Lucy's crab spirit cut it for me!"

(Y/N) chuckled as she reached up and ruffled his hair.

"I like it better this way." She said with a grin.

"Thanks Dove- I mean (Y/N)." Natsu said with a frown.

(Y/N) looked at the ground.

Silence.

"That reminds me, I need to talk about something. It's important." Natsu said as a slight blush went across his face.

-—-

(Y/N) nodded, already knowing what Natsu wanted to talk about.

"(Y/N), you know this just as much as I do that I care about you..! I care about you so much, that it killed me when you slapped me.. Even though I completely deserves it.." Natsu began.

"Whenever you went on jobs alone, I got so worried.. I know that you're really strong and can take care of yourself, but I still get worried.."

(Y/N) gave Natsu a slight smile, which urged him to continue.

"There's something else..

I'm not really good at explaining things, but whenever I'm around you or hear your name, my stomach starts to feel funny.." Natsu said with a blush.

(Y/N) froze.

"I always feel so protective over you and I know that it sometimes got on your nerves, but I couldn't help it! Whenever Happy and I left, I thought about you everyday.

I know I shouldn't have left you all alone.. Especially since Fairy Tail disbanded. I don't regret leaving though.." Natsu said.

(Y/N) clenched her fists as Natsu said that.

"But what I do regret is not bringing you with me." Natsu said with a slight smile.

(Y/N) unclenched her fists as she looked at Natsu.

"What I'm trying to say is that I'm in love with you (Y/N)!" Natsu said as he blushed but grinned widely.

-—-

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as she blushed.

"It's about damn time." (Y/N) said before grabbing Natsu's face and pulling him into a kiss.

-—-

Natsu held onto (Y/N)'s waist as he broke the kiss.

Natsu gave (Y/N) a wide grin as (Y/N) buried her face in Natsu's chest.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to tell you that." Natsu said as he kissed the top of (Y/N)'s head.

"And you have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that." (Y/N) mumbled into Natsu's chest.

Natsu chuckled as (Y/N) broke their small hug and looked up at him.

"I need to ask you two things (Y/N)." Natsu said.

(Y/N) nodded, which made Natsu go on.

"Can.. Can I call you Dovey again now?" He asked nervously.

(Y/N) chuckled and nodded, "Of course you can Pinkie."

Natsu grinned widely, "Yes!"

"Now what's your other question?" (Y/N) asked with a smile.

Natsu's face lit up as he remembered, "Oh yeah! I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend!"

(Y/N) blushed again as she hugged him once again, "Of course, you dummy!"

Natsu cheered as he hugged (Y/N).

"Pinkie?"

"Hm?"

"Do you know what tomorrow is?" (Y/N) asked.

Natsu broke the hug and looked down at (Y/N) with a big grin, "Of course I do!"

(Y/N) looked at him, not convinced that he knew, "Then what is it?"

"My girl is turning 18!"