Chapter 1 The Meeting

(Mia's work clothes picture)

Mia's POV

I was sleeping peacefully in my warm and comfy bed dreaming of chocolates until it was disturbed by a phone ringing on its high pitch like it's calling me to wake up.
I let it ring, thinking it would stop eventually but again it started after five minutes. I pulled myself out of the soft covers and put my phone towards my ear.

" Hello..." I said sleepish-ly.

The voice at the other end of the line didn't sound so happy. " MIA! don't tell me you were sleeping like a hermit until I called you!"

I yawned and said, " no ...no I just came out of the shower."

"Baby don't lie to me. First, You know you are not good at lying at all and secondly, I invented the shower dialogue. Whatever, I just called to inform you that your brother called asking me where are you, as you were not picking up your phone."

" why do I have to be somewhere?"

" please don't tell me you forgot about it" she cried.

"About what?" I said sleepily rolling in my soft silky bed.

"You're kidding me!" She exclaimed.

" come on! Just tell me. If it's nothing then I am going back to bed." I cried.

" Mia today is your first day of work in your brother's company and you have an important meeting to attend. You told me the previous day. Remember! Miss. Hermit." she added the sarcasm.

"Ah, the meeting. ..." I was still half awake. Then it just hit me. Did she say 'the meeting'? I realised what was she talking.

"Shit! Shit! Cloè I will call you later. I am dead late. Thank you for reminding me bye"
I ended the call without letting her lecture me more.

By the way, the girl who called me is my best friend Cloè parfae. She is a makeup artist and a fashion designer. We are childhood besties.

I hurriedly got out of the silk covers and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and came out wrapping a towel around myself. I looked at the clock. Shit, I was ready late. I brushed my blond hair and blow dried it. My natural curls fell on my shoulders. I didn't put the effort to tie it as I was already running late.

I put on a white shirt which hugged my curves perfectly and a brownish- ash skirt, I put a quick glance at my phone. OMG 25 missed calls. I am so dead. I put on a little face powder, a thin liner on my eyes and my favourite cherry flavour lip balm. I looked at my Gucci watch, "great now I am fifteen minutes late" I murmured. I took my Chanel bag put on my heels and went out of my room. I saw the maid coming with breakfast towards me.

" sorry Jenita, I can't eat at the moment I have to go out."

"Oh dear, well then miss. Mia, please take an apple at least it's not good to go empty stomach" I smiled at her taking the apple. She took care of me since I was five. My mother died when I was four years old due to a disease. My father died of heart disease when I was seven years old. After that, my brothers were always with me. They took care of me and loved me so much that I never felt alone. I had a happy childhood cause of them. I was their treasure. My eyes because teary remembering the past.

Josh opened the door for me, as I entered into the car," thank you, Josh. Looking good today". He is my bodyguard/ friend/ assistant in my daily work.

"You're looking great today as well Miss. Mia." He gave me a warm smile.

" Hey, what did I say to you before? Loose the 'miss' just call me Mia." I smiled.
He gave me a heart-thumping dimple smile. Yeah, he was very handsome if he smiles but that was occasionally and only in front of me.