Chapter 54 Torn apart & Numb

( Don't let me down song by Chainsmokers ft. Daya)

Mia's POV

The door was open. "James " I called him. No answer. I went in. I was heels on the floor.

Whose shoes are these? I looked in the kitchen. The broken glass was all over the place. What happened here?

I checked the garden and study room too. No one was there.

I heard the giggling of a girl coming from upstairs. I took all my courage and went upstairs.

I opened the door. What I saw after the just broke me down in every way it can do...

I opened the door and saw James was lying in bed naked and that girl whom I saw a few days ago was lying on top of him. Wearing his shirt. Giggling and kissing him.

My bag dropped from my hand. I gasped. They both noticed me. He shoved her off.

" Oh shoot. James darling you told me that this bitch was out and won't be home till night?" What? Did I hear correctly? My face was expressionless I took some time to process everything I saw and heard.

" Mi. ..Mia ...." James got up from bed and clumsily came towards me. He reeks of alcohol. He can't even keep his balance. He holds my hand," Angel... believe me... It's nothing as...as it...its... looks like. She is....lying." he can't even talk properly.

" Come on baby. You don't need to hide. Everything has come to the light. She knows about us. Now we don't have to hide. That bitch can go to hell." She told James laughing.

I just can't believe what I was hearing.

" No... an angel." He touched my face. "  Janice ...is...lying." he fell. I went to hold him but that girl didn't let me.

" That day when you told me that you were in a meeting was a lie. I saw you with her going to the restaurant." I said.

" Angel. ..."

" You were lying to me the whole time? I trust you instead of everything I saw and heard and you broke my trust. I didn't ask you about this because I believed that you will explain everything at the right time. I waited for you to tell me....and now I see everything."

" Please... an angel. ..listen to me..."

" Listen to what? That you made a fool of me? Listen to the lies you're gonna tell me now?" I can't cry. I won't be weak.

" I know I have a heart cause I can feel it breaking." A tear ran down my cheeks.

"Have a nice life with Janice

"Have a nice life with Janice." This was the last thing I said and I went out running. I opened the door. He caught my hand. Tears were rushing from my eyes down my cheeks.

" leave my hand, James!"

"Angel...please."

I turned around to face him," There is nothing left...you broke me...tore me apart. I hate you!" I cried. I shoved my hand from his grip and went out. I got in the car and drove off.