Chapter 38 Lilly's invite

(Picture of James when he was small
Firestone by kygo.)

Mia's POV

We came back to New York from Rome after a lovely vacation.

James and I have gotten more close than before. I was lying in my bed when Cloè came in like a tornado.

" When did you return? How was your vacation? Tell everything that has happened. " she burst out with her questions.

" Woah... slow down. I am telling everything." I laughed.

" Remember don't leave out dirty details. Did the lingerie which I  bought for you help? Your glowing girl did you finally do it?" she giggles. I blushed.

"  in a matter of fact, it did," I said shyly. She jumped on me and started hugging me.

" Oh, my baby hermit has finally grown up into an adult." She jumped on me.

" Cloè you are crushing me." She loses her grip on me.

" TELL ME EVERYTHING. How was it? " She practically shouted.

" it was amazing Cloè. It was like your hot and your heart is bursting in your chest like drums. Your whole body is vibrant. You on fire really...good."

"OMG, I can't believe you finally did it. My girl has grown up" She laughed and hugged me.

" Okay save those false tears dear." I joked.

" Oh, another thing. You saw Lisa there?" She asked me with a serious tone.

" Yeah. She has a boyfriend. Which she bragged about in front of James and she called me Arora."

" Mia does James know about..." I cut her.

" No, he doesn't know. I didn't tell him yet. But he did suspect that I was hiding something. He gave me time till I was ready to tell him."

" you better tell him about it."

" yeah, I will." My phone rang. I looked at the caller ID it was unknown. I picked it up.

" hello. Who is this?"

"..."

" Hello? "

". ..." then the line went blank. Weird.

" who was it?" Cloè asked me.

" I don't know. I  didn't hear anything. No one spoke. The line went blank." Then my phone rang again. It was James this time. Before I could answer it Cloè took it from my hands.

" Hello, Mia's phone," Cloè said giggling. " Cloè give it back." I jumped on her to take my phone.

" not giving." She sticks out her tongue. This girl!. "Cloè" I started running after her. She was giggling and running away from me. " catch me if you wanna talk with me, Prince."

" see what I will do after I catch you." At last, I caught her." I am taking my phone and I am putting you in a time out." I took the phone from her hand," hi James... what's up?" I was out of breath with all that running after her.

" hi, angel. I see you girls are having fun."

" Yeah, somewhat. Whatcha doing?"

" I  am in the office. Getting drowned in files and documents. Missing you."

" I miss you too."

"I called you to tell you that my mother has invited you for dinner tonight. She wanted to see my girlfriend. I will pick you up at 8"