Chapter 40 B'day girl

(The cake that James organised for Mia's birthday picture.)

Mia's POV

Today is my birthday. I didn't tell James about it. It was nothing that much to celebrate. My brothers always used to throw a big surprise party but I was more of a just with the family.

I don't even know that he knows that today is my birthday.

Well, let get ready. I got out of bed and got dressed. I wore a white top and printed shorts. I had noticed that James was not beside me. I went downstairs. I saw Maria making breakfast. I sat at the dining table. Maria put down my breakfast.

"Where is James?"

" Master has left early morning for work." That means he doesn't know and it's not that he should be knowing it. I didn't tell him. I called Cloè but her phone was busy. Hm. Everyone is busy today. My brothers also didn't wish me. They used to wish me first early morning. Well, I guess everyone is so busy that they forgot about me. That thought made me sad.

My phone rang, "hello? Who is this?"

"...."No answer.

" I can hear your breath. So who is this?" God. I beginning to get pissed.

". ...." No answer till now.

" Fine. Don't talk." I ended the call. This is happening for quite some time now. From the moment I returned from the trip, I have been getting these strange silent phone calls.

. The doorbell rang, I went and opened the door. " Hi, Josh. What are you doing here?" I hugged him.

" well, today is a special person' birthday so I thought to visit her."

"Oh, you remembered." I felt very happy.

" I will remember it always. Here I bought you a present. It's from Sophie too." He handed me a drawing of me which Sophie drew and a sparkling star thin bracelet.

" Sorry I couldn't give you anything expensive." He said shyly. I put on the bracelet in my hand.

" Josh it's lovely. I don't need anything expensive. You are the first one who wished me today and everyone else forgot about me so as a thank you..." I leaned and kissed his cheek." Accept this kiss." He blushed hard.

" M...Mia I am..." he got embarrassed. He is looking too cute right now. I giggled.

" Josh chill. You look like a cherry right now." He got embarrassed more. Hmm, everyone is busy and I am bored at home. I don't care about them. They forgot my birthday. Fine.

" Josh today you're spending the day with me. Let's go out." I hold his hand and went out. First I gotta tell Maria.

" Maria I am going out. If anyone calls or looks for me tell them I will be back later." I went out saying that. I got in the car. Not the back seat. I sat in the passenger seat today with him. " So where you wanna go first?" He asked me.

" Um take us to the mall. I gotta give you a birthday treat." We drove to the mall. I went inside and got us two ice cream cones.

" I hope you like ice cream. I love it so I got those."

" I like ice cream. It's a habit of mine to have ice cream after dinner every time cause of Sophie." He laughed. " So you are angry cause everyone forgot about your birthday.?"
" It's not that I am angry just a little sad."

"They might be..." I stopped him from continuing as my phone rang.

" hold that thought."

I put the phone to my ear." Hi angel."