Chapter 53 Are you hiding something from me?

( I can't make you love me" song video by Priyanka Chopra ) check it out! 😉

Mia's POV

" Martin. Give me the financial reports" I told him. I kept myself at work so that I don't think of James.

" Yeah. Here it is." He handed me the files. I looked through them. " They are looking fine." I was not feeling good fighting with James. I should apologise to him. He is busy with his work and under pressure. I shouldn't have asked him to come with me.

I looked at Martin. He was looking like he wanted to ask me something."Martin something the matter?" I asked him.

" umm...yeah."

" actually my mom is in the hospital so can I take a leave for few days till she gets better then I will come back to work again..."

" what? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Take as many days leave as you want. First, go to her. "

"Thank you, Mia."

" wait, let me get my coat," I told him.

"You're coming with me?" He asked me.

"I want to apologise to her in person for keeping you here with me, working and You couldn't go visit her."

" it's okay Mia. You have a meeting within 10 minutes. You don't have to go..." I stopped him.

" I am coming. End of discussion." I called Sindy in.

" Sindy cancel my next meeting. I am going out. Take note of things happening while I am out. I am keeping you in charge till I come back."

" yes, ma'am." She smiled.

" Let's go," I told him.

We reached the hospital.

" hi, mom. How are you?" Martin started talking to his mom.

" I am okay now honey. You don't have to come here from work dear."

"It's okay mom. I got to leave for few days. I will take care of you." She looked at me.

" and who is this pretty lady behind you?" She asked Martin.

" She is my boss. Mia Lindcon. The one I told you about." They looked at me.

" Hello, Ma'am. I am Mia. I am very sorry to keep him working with me instead of giving him a leave." I apologised.

" Mia don't apologise. It's my fault I didn't tell you earlier about my mother's condition." Martin said.

" it's okay dear, you don't have to apologise. I know my dim headed son. I hope he is not troubling you at work." She asked me.

" No ma'am. He is a very hardworking and charming person." I smiled.

" Well, she certainly is a pretty and behaved lady just like you said, Martin." She told him.

She then turned towards me and said," You know dear, Martin always talks about you. He says that mom do you know my new boss is so beautiful . And you know she so sweet and kind...." he stopped his mom.

" Mom! Don't tell her that!" He blushed. I laughed.

After a while, we came out of the hospital. " I am kinda hungry. Shall we grab a bite to eat something?" He asked me.

" Yeah, Sure I am kinda hungry too." We pulled over to a shop. Martin went in to buy the takeout.

I waited in the car. There was a fancy restaurant in front of us. I miss James. What he might be doing now? I looked opposite the street and I saw him!